Marking a BPW Harness for different setups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you put a normal crotch strap on this backplate?

Yes but its not as straight forward as a standard plate becuase there is no slot at the bottom center for one.

-Z

At this stage of your diving game you’ll need more gear. I dive with 3 mission specific setups.
Best advice so far.
Mine is;
1. SS B/W with 'sliding' harness.
2. AL B/W with trim pockets for travel.
3. Hydros Pro with the simple harness only [no weight pockets] for local diving.
I know lots of $$$$$ and 58 years of diving and gear accumulating

Can someone please explain what a “chicken wing” maneuver is please?

When I think of chicken wings I think of the fried ones or the teriyaki ones smothered in sauce.

Happy had it right, you pull the front of the strap away with one hand and the other hand goes under the strap hand first and let the strap slide over your arm then off your elbow and you’re out. Lighting fast.
Isn’t that how you’re supposed to do it?

Happy had it right, you pull the front of the strap away with one hand and the other hand goes under the strap hand first and let the strap slide over your arm then off your elbow and you’re out. Lighting fast.

I cannot get a dry glove under the strap in that manner. Perhaps it’s too tight but I don’t think so, it would need to be at least a dry glove ring-diameter loose for that to work and that would be quite loose indeed. The general “one fist” guideline is certainly tighter.

I hook the D-rings on both sides with a finger and pull outwards, then wiggle forwards.

Dude slide your open opposite hand in under holding the strap up and from the outside pull your cuff out
or something
and loosen your shoulder straps until you can
look the vid man
do not be hunched over lean your body back
I don't know?

Remember all the leaning forwards guys that want you to zip them up and you put your knee in their back
look the vid man
I do not know?

I set my BPW's up correctly so that with a basic harness the only adjustment needed is to the crotch strap. And the hundred or so others I sold and set up over 10 years for other people were done the same way.

Can someone please explain what a “chicken wing” maneuver is please?
Bob wrote this in 2006.
It gets easier with practice. I use the "chicken-wing" method described by MSilvia. Making sure the wing is deflated is important. Of course, if you're doing it in the water you'll need to keep enough air in the wing to float the rig ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Make sure the wing is deflated. Bend your left arm so that your hand is almost in your arm pit, and then put your hand under the shoulder strap. From that position, it should be easy to get the strap off of your shoulder and free your arm without getting hung up on the dump valve.

I'd be happy to demonstrate in person some time (and help figure out what's wrong) if you're still stuck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom