Martha's Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy, check with Rocketman. He might be going (if the waves get up more than 3" make sure he takes his sea-sick medicine).. SkyBird is a little west of us on Hwy72 and might go. There might be some other SEAS members going.

IT's about 2-2.5 hours from Huntsville. It's in Lebanon Tenn.

(sorry I can't go, but saltwater beckons)

Divers,
You can get specific info on Martha's Quarry by using our interactive map on lakediver.com and clicking on the state of Tennessee. If anyone has better or more current information, PLEASE feel free to provide it! If you provide us info to update our database we will enter you into a monthly drawing for a free Lake Diver T-Shirt!

LakeScubaDiver:
Divers,
You can get specific info on Martha's Quarry by using our interactive map on lakediver.com and clicking on the state of Tennessee. If anyone has better or more current information, PLEASE feel free to provide it! If you provide us info to update our database we will enter you into a monthly drawing for a free Lake Diver T-Shirt!

Looks like you need to check that Tenn map on your site for the Dale Hollow Lake location. You've got it over closer to Memphis.... it's actually way over on the other side of the state of Tenn.

I was there today and got 2 dives in. The water is warming up some from when I was there 2 weeks ago, but its still pretty cold under 30 or so. Vis still isnt the greatest, probably about 20 feet, but it was still alot of fun to be there again and get wet. Ill be there again in the morning. Starting to really like the place.

Thanks Mike S! We will get it fixed, and if you see anything else like that please feel free to send corrections to contactus@lakediver.com, just in case we don't get on the forums here for a few days or something. Don't want errors on our site to go uncorrected, and email is the quickest way to fix. Thanks again!

Guys, I spoke with Fred a week ago, and confirmed that Martha's Diver Appreciation Day is June 22, starting around 2pm (don't hold me to that exact time). It's a Thursday afternoon, but I'll be there (of course - duh). I'll post again when it's closer to the event.

Mike

The diver appreciation day wasn't this past weekend on May 13th? or is this the "2nd" diver appreciation day he's doing in June 22?

why the heck is he doing it on a Thursday afternoon? (instead of a weekend)

NOPE, no diver's appreciation day this weekend.!! Thursday will be okay for me since I am a teacher, but dont' know if I can find a dive buddy for that day.

I DID go this weekend with a couple of friends though. Was dissapointed that it wasn't diver's appreciation day but it is a WONDERFUL quarry ! It was my first dive sinc October and I was a little nervious at the beginning but didn't take me long to feel at home under that water again. The rock crusher house is awesome and I think my favorite site that I saw is the underwater forrest. I will be excited when I get to go back.

Skybird

Hey Mike, got a write up or photo of this quarry? I could use it if you don't mind. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom