Martha's Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying to drum some business up. There was some talk that Loch Low-Minn would be open at least on Saturday. I'm going to see if I can get at least one guy to come.

What a differance 2 weeks makes, surface was 58 first thermo at 8 ft was 51 brrrrrrr but still fun. We will be open this comeing Saturday.

Hey what are the weekday hours if any? I'm a teacher and off for the summer. Thanks.

I don't think Martha's typically has weekday hours. Fred, or Saigonfred here, that operates the quarry is out of commission with a nasty spider bite, but I bet he'll get back to you when he's better.

Can anyone give some suggestions of hotels in the area? Making the trip down from Cincinnati and would like to get some ideas. thanks.

Can anyone give some suggestions of hotels in the area? Making the trip down from Cincinnati and would like to get some ideas. thanks.

closest decent selection of hotels you'll find will be in Lebanon. (I can't remember if there are any closer or not. maybe someone can confirm)

This link/map should show SEVERAL choices right on the interstate in Lebanon. I can't remember which one I stayed in last time we spent the night there. I think it might have been a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

lebanon, tn hotels - Google Maps

There is a hotel/motel located near the interstate at that exit IIRC. You need a pass of some sort and I don't think there are fills on site. You have to go into Nashville to get the pass, which is why I won't be going since I live to the east and it would be silly to drive an extra 40-50 miles for one dive. If you can get east some go to Loch Lo-Min.

Fred will cheerfully sell you a pass right there at the quarry. But you can get a pass cheaper if you frequent one of the shops in the area that use Fred's facility. I know Island Hoppers Scuba in Nashville has them and I bet you Bluewater (formerly Middle Tennessee Scuba and Swim) still has passes as well.

Elaine and I went in and parked with the chickens, met Fred, and enjoyed the quarry on Sun July 3 rd. No problems getting in, however no air fill on site, so be prepared ahead of time. The access on that side is fine, cooler than the hot rocks, and an easy walk in. Surface swim to the houses as not bad, even fairly relaxing.

where exactly is this? I'm thinking that it's a quarry I used to dive as a teen ager, but then it had no name & no one ran it. It was free. Park, hike down & dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom