Mask has discolored... is it still okay to use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pw1981

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Tusa Visualator mask that had been in storage for a while. When I got it out, I discovered the clear silicone around the mask has discolored in a lot of places to a brownish color. It seems to seal and the silicone is still soft and flexible as it seems it should be even though its kind of ugly. The snorkel (a cheapo) is all sticky so its going to get replaced.

I am starting to get back into the hoppy after a little while way. I am really excited and getting my gear back up and running.

It is fine and normal.

Pete

You can continue to use that mask for another twenty years.

N

Happened to me as well. Found out it happens usually when you store it with neopren. It never hurt anything aside from being ugly. Long story short, I now have a black mask and I am still getting used to it.

I've heard you can wash the discoloration away with vinegar but since I'm a black skirt fan I've never personally tried it.

Try it - may help in case of a surface coloration. Never helps with overall however.

Back
Top Bottom