Mask skirt repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All masks are now made in China get the cheapest one that works

Dive Rite uses the same or very similar mold as the Tusa splendive II

Thanks, Dog, that was a good tip! I ordered one of those and it came a couple of days ago. The skirt is not out of the same mold, I think, but clearly they tried to duplicate the overall shape of the old mold while making a few tweaks. Seems to fit perfectly. I'll try it in the pool on Sunday, but I'm pretty sure it will work great.

I'm not a huge fan of the black silicone. It's a little claustrophobic, and I'm tired of every freaking piece of dive gear being black, so I can't tell the hood from the gloves from the booties from the neoprene socks...when it is all jumbled in my tote. My last mask was bright yellow, so I could find the thing if I dropped it. But that is the least of my worries! I suppose I could get a bright pink strap cover if I want to commit a highly visible fashion-don't. ;^>

You might also look into the Cressi Eyes mask (not the Big Eyes). My daughter is very petite and it fits her well. Comes in clear silicone with multiple accent color choices.

Try the Tusa Ceos. Should fit the same. Better silicone, softer. Conforms to smile lines easier.
Current model also.
Same lenses, I believe the skirt is from the same mold.

I had a splendive 4 for more than 4 years. Loved it. Did maybe 450 dives with it, all the way down to 115m, not a single problem. Ever. Absolutely brilliant.
I got a ceos 2 months ago because the splendive was getting all yellow and stiff and manky (still didn't leak though), I could reuse my prescription lenses, and I was so happy with TUSA masks (I had a Visio tri-ex before the splendive, which was great too, but alas no prescription lenses on that).

The damn thing just won't stop leaking, no matter what I do. Maybe it's just me, but TUSA seriously effed up on that one. Pity.

I'm thinking because the strap is mounted on the skirt instead of the frame, it's extremely sensitive to changes of the strap tension. So if you're using a hood, it's useless.

Cheers,

Matthieu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom