Maui Diving Conditions early Feb ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kelvinyu73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everybody,

i'll be in Maui during the first week of Feb, and looking to do some dives at Molokini and south maui...I plan to be diving from Kihei ....

been seeing a lot of weather advisory coming out of NOAA weather service, like "strong surge", "small craft advisory" etc....and realised that winter conditions in Hawaii might be good for surfing :cool2:, but a bit rougher than expected for diving...

can anyone share some light on what would diving conditions be like around early Feb ? and will there be strong surges/currents at the more popular dive sites ? any special hazards I should be aware of ? Would shore dives from Wailea or Ulua still be possible ?

much thanks in advance !

Don't even worry about it. "It is what it is" as they say. I've been diving the south Maui shore for well over a decade and February can have excellent conditions. It could also turn rough with short notice. I never count on a dive until I see the water each day. Same goes for cancelling...I never cancel based solely on a weather report. You have to go to the water and see it with your own eyes. If you have any concerns I'd highly recommend using a local guide to insure you get the most bang for your buck.

I hope you have a good time!

Doug,

thanks for your feedback....i just arrived in Maui, so keeping fingers crossed.. :)

i'll be doing some boat dives + course with B&B, and then followed by fun dives with Mike Severns....

best rgds,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom