Max weight in "small" sized Mares MRS pouch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems that Mares makes two different sized weight pouches for thier MRS system, a "large" and a "small". Can anyone tell me the maxium amount of weight that you can put itside the "small" size pounches?

Why do I ask? I bought a Mares BC last night for my son. It it a size "S" BC but came with a pair of the large MRS pouches. The large ones do not fit as well into the BC as they could. I might want to swap them for small. But here in California we dive with thick exposure suits and use a lot of weight. I want to make sure the small weight pousheshold enough weightmid 50's water

I have a Mares Vector 1000 MRS (size XL). I didn't know they made different size weight pouches. Mine are integrated and can fit 2-4# lead weights with a little room to stuff some soft weight into it (like a 2#). Mine also has 2 trim pockets that can fit at least 2-4# lead weights into them as well as front pockets. These are my guesses on max-ing it out. I dive with only 6# in each integrated pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom