May 17-18 Tyler Clean-up and event

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2008 TrashFest - May 17th & 18th - Tyler State Park

Trashfest is an environmental awareness and charity fundraiser event sponsored by the staff of ScubaSteve's Aquatic Adventures and the 2008 Divemaster class. Through Trashfest, we clean up Tyler State Park and raise money for Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

This year's event will be our fourth annual event, and will feature an expanded two-day schedule with events for everyone, more patients involved in water activities, and more money raised for Scottish Rite! There will be diving, snorkeling and swimming events, as well as a 5K run/walk.

Last years total prize giveaways exceeded $12,000. This years' goal is to increase the amount of giveaways and exceed last years donation to Scottish Rite Hospital. Come out and join us for a great weekend of fun, food and prizes. Have a great time and help out with a worthwhile cause.
Click here for Registration forms http://www.scubastevesadventures.com/images/4th ANNUAL TRASHFEST Registration Form.pdf

For more information contact, Scuba Steve's Aquatic Adventures, 903.593.7033, 1741 Troup Hwy, Tyler, TX 75701

Glad to see you on the board, Dean. Only 3 posts in 4 years, though? You really gotta come around more often....

Well, Thomas,

I am a busy boy! Besides, I mostly read the stuff. Lot of smart cats out there!

I tell you what, I will post more if we dive together more! Deal?

dean

A friend of mine has a "life celebration" party scheduled by Hospice mid-day on Sat, so we won't be diving unless we are able to come out on Sunday. I don't believe I've missed a Trashfest yet, so I do hate to miss it- it's really fun! Yall have fun winning my prizes... :wink: Be sure to watch out if ScubaBum shows up, he knows how to sweep the prize dept. big time.

Foo...

Please come Sunday and and say Hi... We will miss you and the gang on Saturday...

Charlie

There are several people who posted on the other thread that they would be coming, and haven't posted on this one. So....... not sure how many swampers are going to be there, but we will bring extra burgers just in case. We should be there Friday night, and Saturday night, leaving on Sunday.
There is a teeny weeny chance we might not be able to go, but we will know for sure after our Daughter has a check-up tomorrow morning. She has pneumonia, and an ear infection. If the doctor checks her lungs tommorrow, and she isn't better we won't go. :shakehead: We just wouldn't feel comfortable leaving her behind at the sitter. She's feeling a lot better today though, and not coughing as much, so I think he will say she is better.:D
We are operating on the assumption that we will go, and have loaded up the dragon lair for transport! Brownies, and cookies have been baked, will travel. Hope to see you all there.

Rhonda

Foo, thanks for the compliment but I think that would be Bill who I buddied up with. Leslie's been working in NY all week and I've got to pick her up at DFW tomorrow, but maybe I can talk her in to coming out Sunday. Sorry to hear about your bud.

A friend of mine has a "life celebration" party scheduled by Hospice mid-day on Sat, so we won't be diving unless we are able to come out on Sunday. I don't believe I've missed a Trashfest yet, so I do hate to miss it- it's really fun! Yall have fun winning my prizes... :wink: Be sure to watch out if ScubaBum shows up, he knows how to sweep the prize dept. big time.

Back
Top Bottom