May Trip.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBraz

Reaction score
Anyone interested in the following.

Picking a weekend in may, leaving on friday afternoon, and driving south,
with the idea of hitting two springs a day Sat/Sun and camping out instead of a hotel. Willing to do a hotel if that is an issue, but am trying to keep the costs down as much as possible.

I've got a mini-van, all fold and go seats, plenty of room for gear and can get a pretty good deal on gas. First tank and maybe a five gallon can for free.

I'm a newbie OW Certified, love the springs, and cavern sites but not sure which ones would be the best to visit.

Braz

Seems a Tad early for reponses, especially for someone that might like to do something last min, so this is my question.

I'm new out here and was wondering what other message boards/club site might be a good idea to post this on?

Braz

Hi Braz,
This is the best place to ask this very question. Give it a few days. The weekend is pretty quiet here on the forums...especially the Looney Birds Forum. I guess most people are out diving or something.
On Monday when everyone is back at work they will look at the forums and probably reply.

I would like to take a trip down to the panhandle. I would like to dive out of PCB. Maby the first day make it a 2 tank dive out in the salt water gulf. Then load all the gear up and drive up to Vortex and camp out there. Get in a evening dive in the spring to "rinse" the gear really good. The next day you would have your pick between diving Vortex again or if conditions are right drive a few miles south and dive Morrison springs, which I never get tired of diving.

Jeremy

the megadive is going on in early may at gennie springs,thinking of going to that. sounds like a blast

If your planning a trip late in May I would be interested in a camping /dive trip.

Drive to Vortex Friday night and dive, then camp. Wake up early and head to Morrison and dive, then head East(~3-4 hours). Hit Troy Springs, eat, then head to Ginnie and do a dive at the main spring, then the devils run, eat, dive the main spring again at night. Camp. Drive to Ocala and dive Alexander and Paradise, eat, drive home.

divinginn:
the megadive is going on in early may at gennie springs,thinking of going to that. sounds like a blast

Its great fun, I went to the last two. Unfortunately, I won't be there this year as its too close to the Oriskany sinking.

SuPrBuGmAn, that sounds like a great Plan.

Lone Frogman, end of may would be fine with me, shoot a specific date and lets get this thing rolling. Just don't pick the weekend of the 13 because I'll be at the swap shop Sea Ventures is going to hold. Hoping to put together a full set of gear.

Maybe if we twist Krackens arm and promise him free beer we can get him to tag along?

Braz

Braz
Where are you coming from? How far do you want to go? How much do you want to spend? I have not dove Ginnie since 99, don't mis it.
I live about 7 miles from Vortex. I have an annual pass and dive it often, I like to night dive it mostly on Firday & Saturday nights. I am about 15 miles from Morrison. have been diving it about 3 -4 times a week. Why so much? some people like to go for a daily swim, I like a daily dive to cool off. I finds things as well, mostly lost dive weights.
Cypress is a great dive, you will need a canoe.

I did some work from 6:30 - 09:00, now time to go pick up my compressor from the engine shop, fill a couple of tanks. May hit Morrison this afternoon, depends on weather. It ried to rain yesterday, and has not decided for today.
Vortex is $25, Morrison is Free, Cypress Free, Not sure what Ginnie is charging these days. It is a great dive that must do at least once, as is Devils, and Grotto. These all charge, Alexander, have not been since 99, then it was $5.

Hello ScubaKris, will be comming down from ATL, sometime in June.

Looks like this weekend is booked, the 13th will be the swap shop at Dive adventures - If luck is on my side I'll pick up whatever I need to fish out my gear. All avaliable funds will be going to this purchase.

Looks like the 28 we might be doing a Dive-N-dine @ lanier.

So May looks pretty full - You'll be seeing a June trip Post soon. This will also give me some time to research more. Why a canoe for Cypress?

Braz

SuPrBuGmAn:
Drive to Vortex Friday night and dive, then camp. Wake up early and head to Morrison and dive, then head East(~3-4 hours). Hit Troy Springs, eat, then head to Ginnie and do a dive at the main spring, then the devils run, eat, dive the main spring again at night. Camp. Drive to Ocala and dive Alexander and Paradise, eat, drive home.

We are running out of May, this could be a late June trip. Looks like Superbugman has the plan.What you think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom