Maybe a new wreck in San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCrossing:
A fighter plane went down off Ocean Beach today, about 4 miles out. I am sure the Navy will gut it, but should be a cool dive just the same. The Pilots were both rescued and are fine.
Fighter plane done in San Diego waters

LOL

I clicked on the link and was referred to a China-based news site...The only reason I found that funny is because it was unexpected, since I'm currently overseas for a week in Hong Kong...

4 miles out...I wonder how deep it would be there. Seems to me that the wreck would be really spread out, in small pieces.

Let's get some gps numbers and go searching.

Kyle

scubasean:
LOL

I clicked on the link and was referred to a China-based news site...The only reason I found that funny is because it was unexpected, since I'm currently overseas for a week in Hong Kong...

4 miles out...I wonder how deep it would be there. Seems to me that the wreck would be really spread out, in small pieces.

That was the first internet site to report it, about 2 hrs later it was then posted on some local sites. I guess it was a slow news day in China they were ready to type away.

I hope the Navy does not want to practice salvage and retreive it.

Back
Top Bottom