Media Luna is Calling...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, hubby has a new shoulder and it seems to be working just fine. It's time for the Cajuns to go "home" to Roatan and test out the new wing!

Can't wait to re-unite with our friends at Media Luna Resort and dive with our buddies at Aqua Adventures! It's like a family reunion :p I'm hoping we have the opportunity for another day trip to Pigeon Cay - it was spectacular last trip! Just last week they saw a whale shark there...maybe we'll get lucky :)

We will be heading to Media Luna on Feb 8 for a week. It is our fifth trip to the Bay Islands, but first to ML.
We are looking forward to diving a different area of Roatan.

We will be heading to Media Luna on Feb 8 for a week. It is our fifth trip to the Bay Islands, but first to ML.
We are looking forward to diving a different area of Roatan.

Hi Cathy -

You will LOVE Media Luna :rolleyes: This will be our 5th trip - we're addicted. Be sure to take advantage of the shore diving opportunities. As of our last trip in July, there were THREE resident frogfish living in Half Moon Bay! Not to mention the resident seahorse :wink: The dive staff at Aqua Adventures is the best...they will be happy to help you in any way.

Let me know if you have any questions! And PLEASE come back and post a trip report so we can dive vicariously thru you until after Easter :p

Thanks for the info!
I have read at least one of your trip reports on Media Luna.
Seahorses are always welcome. I saw one a few years ago, but my personal photographer (husband/buddy) didn't, so no pics. I also keep missing the frogfish, although I am getting better at seeing scorpionfish.
The shore diving option is something I want to take advantage of. It has to be better than shore diving in the St. Lawrence.
I will try to fit a trip report in, I am leaving for my daughter's two days after I get home, and my grandchildren will be keeping me very busy. :)

Thanks for the info!
I have read at least one of your trip reports on Media Luna.
Seahorses are always welcome. I saw one a few years ago, but my personal photographer (husband/buddy) didn't, so no pics. I also keep missing the frogfish, although I am getting better at seeing scorpionfish.
The shore diving option is something I want to take advantage of. It has to be better than shore diving in the St. Lawrence.
I will try to fit a trip report in, I am leaving for my daughter's two days after I get home, and my grandchildren will be keeping me very busy. :)

One of the frogfish is EASY to spot...he's bright yellow! The dive masters and instructors at Aqua Adventures know where to find them. It's worth it even if you do it as a boat dive :) Have a grand time and give our dive "family" hugs from the Cajuns!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom