Medina Lake Dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1RUSTYRIG

Contributor
Reaction score
Quick question. I was out on my neighbors boat a two weeks ago at Medina. We were cruising past a section of the lake that was one long cliff with what appeared to be some clear water. Anyone dive it? I haven't dove Medina yet, but I doubt it could be worse than the park at Travis (0' vis).

There was a fair amount of boat traffic on the cliffs, but I was thinking of starting and ending the dive right on the wall.

Kevin

To my understanding this is a man made lake.
I cannot vouch for the lake but it has been said that springs of some magnitude do flow into the lake. Where- I have no idea. If you did find a long vertical wall good chance it is cut out and could be deep. I would consider getting a fishing contour map and having a look at the area. If you do dive from a boat- please fly a flag. Boat traffic is no fun. You might want to get a SMB marker also if you have to surface out in the traffic. Good luck and it sounds like a fun dive.

Have fun.
Andrew

1RUSTYRIG:
Quick question. I was out on my neighbors boat a two weeks ago at Medina. We were cruising past a section of the lake that was one long cliff with what appeared to be some clear water. Anyone dive it? I haven't dove Medina yet, but I doubt it could be worse than the park at Travis (0' vis).

There was a fair amount of boat traffic on the cliffs, but I was thinking of starting and ending the dive right on the wall.

Kevin

FYI - I did my Advanced OW course at the marina there about 3 years ago. During a surface interval we did some skiing at that location and the depth at the cliffs you mentioned was 100'-120' from the rock face wall out into the middle of the lake. The wall goes nearly straight down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom