Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got some eggs, bacon and sausage...I brought the food so someone else can cook breakfast :D Veggie tray is also packed.

I'll have some extra lead with me, not sure if it will be enough for you violakat but most of us carry spare lead so making up the difference won't be too hard.

I have a meeting at 3pm and hubby and I will be hitting the road afterward :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I've got some eggs, bacon and sausage...I brought the food so someone else can cook breakfast :D Veggie tray is also packed.

I'll have some extra lead with me, not sure if it will be enough for you violakat but most of us carry spare lead so making up the difference won't be too hard.

I have a meeting at 3pm and hubby and I will be hitting the road afterward :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I'll probably use all of the available lead and still need more. :11: I'm extremely buoyant!

Can someone who gets a paper please bring some paper, please? It always helps with starting the fire but I also need some for the kettles.

Thanks!
Paula

Debating on whether I'll show up Friday night or not. I'll have a talk with my dive buddy and my husband (who is now saying he's not going, so who knows what's up with that). If not, I'll be there Saturday morning. I've secured a regulator, computer, hood/vest and gloves from my dive buddy's fiancee, now I just need a suit, tank (since I forgot to grab hers) and weights!

All that work looking around for a nice wet suit for him and he's not going?!?!?! That is such a husband move- lol!

Well- look forward to meeting you and seeing everyone.

For those of you showing up at 8 am... power to you! I'll mosey in sometime around mid-day most likely. I'm just there for the scenery (and the smell of wet neoprene). Paula- I won't be there Friday night, but I'll try to remember to bring some papers- I have a couple of our little Sunday papers that haven't made it to the trash hanging around here somewhere.

And I have several lbs of soft weights that live in the back of my Yukon.

I am Sorry But it is going to be a work weekend.
I got to get those boxes del/...

Scott

Well I think I would tend to go along with what the DR. said. but if you think your not sure you could call DAN. That is Divers Alert Network. they should be able to tell you if it is safe to dive earlier than what the eye dr. said.

Thanks, great advice. DAN says there aren't any studies one way or the other. No accidents reported, so they suggest waiting 2 weeks longer than the docs say for other activities, so a total of 4 weeks. Damn the luck. I am trying to think about the issue here, I can swim so it's not exposure to the water. Pressure, mask squeeze? Maybe the extra blood will help me heal? Um, but then my experience with extra blood is it makes you stupid. So maybe they are afraid of a suedo narc effect?!?!?! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

See you guys late tonight, as usual. I'll try not to stop at the bar...heehee... In case you all miss me too much and can't wait, there is always my cell phone voicemail voice - I'll try to remember not to answer!

Thanks, great advice. DAN says there aren't any studies one way or the other. No accidents reported, so they suggest waiting 2 weeks longer than the docs say for other activities, so a total of 4 weeks. Damn the luck. I am trying to think about the issue here, I can swim so it's not exposure to the water. Pressure, mask squeeze? Maybe the extra blood will help me heal? Um, but then my experience with extra blood is it makes you stupid. So maybe they are afraid of a suedo narc effect?!?!?! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

See you guys late tonight, as usual. I'll try not to stop at the bar...heehee... In case you all miss me too much and can't wait, there is always my cell phone voicemail voice - I'll try to remember not to answer!

Skip diving this time were I you. I wouldn't think a dive or two at Gilboa would be worth any risk to your eyes. You'll get to dive again. :)

Its almost time fer me to leave, tic toc tic toc.

Packing up and hitting the road. I picked up a couple dozen eggs and bacon also. I will also grab a bag of papers... We should be in around 10. I will start watching for the glow in the sky from the fire when I hit Toledo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom