Megalodons: The Quest for Shark Teeth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice! You have some beautiful specimens! I would love to find teeth like that! Unfortunately, Colorado has a dearth of teeth infested rivers! lol! I do have quite a few smaller fossilized teeth from around the Venice Beach area in Florida. Need to get back down there one of these days!!

Nice teeth Sharky! And good to see you're doing OK too Mike. I ...Like you am itching to get in the water, if this weather will ever level out. I have a good many teeth, I just don't have many pic's of them. These are a few from a couple of dives found by myself and a few friends. DSC00589.jpgDSC00594-1.jpgDSC00609.jpg

Great teeth Joe! I love the dispensary bottles too! Never found one of those, I guess they were sort of exclusive to Charleston? The Cooper is an awesome place! I love the clarity of the water there! Here are some teeth I found on the Cooper.....
DSC01398.jpgDSC01399.jpgDSC01400.jpgDSC01401.jpgDSC01402.jpgDSC01403.jpgDSC01404.jpg

A plan to meet and dive together? I'll pitch in for gas plus.

I am ready to meet up!!! My son will be going to his moms for two weeks after school is out and then up to his grandparents for a month so I will have like the whoel month of June to myself. We all need to plan a Florida trip or something.

"The Quest for Sharks Teeth" .... Man I like that. Holy cow there are some good lookin teeth in those photos above. I am really attracted to the Mako's but then the large pristine Meg says to me, step on up to the big league my son. I spoke with Phil and he is going out this coming weekend with a full boat of Edisto river scuba fossilers. He is also fossiling the Edisto river Tuesday (April 30th) and has some seats available. JC is running a Cooper River dive charter May 11th and 12th (Sat and Sun). He may have some seats available. Tom Robinson (Charleston Scuba) is running his 30' Island Hopper up the Cooper River May 16th (Thurs). Me, I am raking leaves and I swear they are starting to look like sharks teeth. I am 95% complete on my dive light helmet that AeroMike inspired. My son says it looks absolutely silly. He said it looks like I have antlers. He is right, but he also said that it will looks like it will work well.

Nice old boat photos Sharky. A friend of mine had one that style and I dove off of it back in the 90's. The newer pontoon will make a NICE dive platform. I dove off a HUGE flat top boat in Venice named the Big Flat Top. It was so damn big I thought it looked ridiculous when it arrived (just like me to judge to quickly). It turned out to be one of the very best boats I have ever dove off of. The roomyness was glorious!

I dont know if he is still in the scuba biz but the point is that the huge flat top made a GREAT dive platform

Here is a video Debra posted. There is 20 feet of water under the boat.

[video=youtube;9PsDK3R6qnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PsDK3R6qnE[/video]

DSC01774.jpg

These were found on a dive day and the previous picture from another dive day a couple months back......

Back
Top Bottom