Megamouth shark in Donsol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that we simply have too many humans inhabiting this planet.

I actually agree with this, but not for the reasons or examples you state. It's a very complex problem and has nothing to do with diving. And being a very sensitive issue that can easily lead to "passionate" exchanges, I don't think this is the place to discuss it.:shakehead:

Instead, how about those Crown of Thorns...:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Cheers to all!:coffee:

haha codman...dang COTs... :D. I agree, Aquaexplorer and Gilligan have valid points but is part of a discussion bigger than what is intended for this thread (ie I don't think it is a good example for the discussion).

haha codman...dang COTs... :D. I agree, Aquaexplorer and Gilligan have valid points but is part of a discussion bigger than what is intended for this thread (ie I don't think it is a good example for the discussion).

My post was not to point a finger at the population of the Philippines. The positives and negatives of the population of any country is not an appropriate discussion for this forum.
I was simply pointing out the desire to eat fish by the Philippine population and therefore being able to relate to them eating the shark or any other edible fish they come upon.
I base that belief on:
1. My observations from living here amongst the people.
2. The lack of large fish in the near-shore reefs.

Gilli, I understood your point and don't have the slightest issue with it.

Cheers!:coffee:

FYI as per records the Phils has around 26 to 36 kg per capita of seafoods consumption/demand.

remove seaweeds from the harvest, that puts the per capita consumption to around 14kg of seafoods . x 90M population

thats a whole lot of seafoods to be eaten this year.

and mind you its healthier than pork etc.

Eat the PINK!!!

Back
Top Bottom