Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice one caloy! did you use strobe or just ambient light for this?
Thanks, Jigo.....and yes, used the strobe and aimed it at the diver who was about 10ft away and 2 ft above me. I think some residual flash still hit her.

exif -
shutter 1/160
aperture f/3.5
Iso 80
EV 0/3
Metering - Center weighted average
Flash fired
Inon WA 105 wet lens attached

Caloy,

Nice picture. Having to look at the 35" of snow we've had in the last month sure makes me eager for April and Roatan!!!!!

IMG_5028.jpg

So I'm very new, not just to diving and underwater photography, but photography as well. Diving actually got me into photography! How funny is that? :)

One thing I'd like to say before I post my pics. I read in the sticky the recommendation to new divers to get their buoyancy down before they hit the water with a camera. Obviously I've done the opposite...and I've found it helped quite a bit. Carrying my camera (even though it's not expensive or fancy) forced me into learning better buoyancy control (either learn or break the camera) and forced me to stop all the unnecessary sculling with my hands. Carrying my camera has been quite the boon for my diving skills.

All underwater photos were taken with a Canon Powershot S50, WP-DC300 Housing, and Sealife SL 960 Strobe. All above water photos were taken with a Nikon D80.

That said, here are some of my favorite newbie pics!

My first attempt at playing with the macro mode on my camera...

2140910461_3a8e5ea290.jpg

And the rest from before I discovered the macro mode...

2057071021_23bd7ae617.jpg

I know this is not a great shot, but it's just one of my favorites...It was one of those magical moments where you go "yeah...this is why I dive..."

1884157834_2ce8d48fed.jpg

Turtle in Maui...

1326735377_39200814c2.jpg

And...Shelly of Shaws...

1200590614_55cd52f085.jpg

And a couple of above water photos from the Hong Kong Wetlands Park, which I got to visit over the fall. :)

2036207501_95b0c6163c.jpg

2036211681_511bebfd7d.jpg

2037007994_ee4edfc758.jpg

2037008560_442305c3b0.jpg

Very nice Paradicio. You're off to a good start. Love the Seal, I can't get enough of those guys under water. Your waterfall is a very nice composition.

Paradicio,

I like your shots, both here and on the link. The waterfall is wonderful.

Please excuse the embellishment below. It's all I could think of after looking at the picture.

Follow, Follow......
yellowbrick.jpg

Chuck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom