Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The demands associated with launching a software start-up in this environment combined with weekend and evening shoots, elections, and then the holidays took every minute of free time that I had over the past few months so apologies for not being around to support one of my favorite communities. I finally took a few minutes today to catch up on the shots that I missed since October. Outstanding work! I'm always amazed at the talent of the kindred spirits that participate on this forum.

In December I had the opportunity to pick up a gig shooting tight hero shots during the Texas High School Football Playoffs and Championships that were held at Texas Stadium in Dallas and Reliant Stadium in Houston. Even in the NFL stadiums lighting is terrible for the night games so fast glass and high ISO rule this realm. These were shot at ISO3200 with a Canon 50D.

Cheerleader Candid
_mg_7124_web.jpg

_mg_6225_web.jpg

mortensen_061208_0126_web.jpg

I always gravitate to the water when possible so migrating waterfowl are one of my favorite targets in the winter.

Mallard Flight over the holidays
_mg_9081web.jpg

Drake Mallard flight shot
_mg_9865web.jpg

This little gecko was out by my pool which is not uncommon in the summer but in 38 degree F temps I was a bit surprised to cross paths with him while he sunned on my pool deck.
_mg_9974web.jpg

Great shots Jon. Especially enjoyed the fourth one and the last one. You have a terrific eye for people.

Great shots Jon & Caloy Nice to see the activity picking back up on the thread.

When life's challenges come at me like a freight train I find that spending a few minutes focused on subjects other than the problem at hand normally help put things back into perspective. Instead of heading down to the water I went up the hill into the woods in hopes of crossing paths with an owl that my sweetheart spotted recently. Besides the welcome solitude that the woods provided, the first shot of the Yellow Rump Warbler was all that I managed to show for the effort.

_mg_0441web.jpg

Eventually I made it down the hill where the water rises to meet the woods. I found a spot in the natural habitat that provided the cover and solitude that I was seeking. From the natural blind I managed a few flight shots along with an unusual ducks on the pond group shot that helped cheer me up.

_mg_0923web.jpg

_mg_0552web.jpg

removed and reposted

Last edited:
Holy COW truly sorry mates didn't recognize the image size was sooo big

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom