Question Microscope for regulator service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I used to work with a 10x & 30x stereo microscope in my professional workshop in the Caribbean.
The magnification was enough and the handling excellent.
Here in Europe I got me one of those cheap USB microscopes, which are uncomfortable to work with, but do their jobs.
I don't service here anymore hundreds of regs a year, so I don't need magnification so often anymore and found a cheap alternative which works for me fine for 'normal' cases.
It is a head band magnifier with a max magnifier of 6x, which is usually strong enough for me.
For anything else I use the USB Magnifier.
Still I hope I can get one day my microscope to my workshop here in Europe.

Like you mentioned above get the Amazon >> Jiusion 40 - 1000X USB Digital Microscope.
It's just $35 and works with Apple Windows or your phone.
Easy to see and record tiny nicks inside regulators & record them.

Like you mentioned above get the Amazon >> Jiusion 40 - 1000X USB Digital Microscope.
It's just $35 and works with Apple Windows or your phone.
Easy to see and record tiny nicks inside regulators & record them.

You have experience with this specific microscope?

I do (actually a variant, the wireless adds flexibility, not always used however):

I have it but I have a different stand:

Works fine for me.

YMMV

Yep, Mine works great. There might be updated versions since mine's from 2020.

Digital cameras are magnifiers, and great for photo documentation too. (Coins, jewelry, manufacturing defects)
However, if you need 3D viewing, (for working on the product with tweezers, soldering, gluing, implements, micromanipulators, etc, ) then you need to find a stereo microscope so each eye sees slightly differently and you get your depth perception. In any case, vibration matters so a rock-solid table (well supported granite slab remnant) will save you a lot of aggravation. Best Wishes!

you need to find a stereo microscope so each eye sees slightly differently and you get your depth perception.

Are there "stereo microscopes" that connect to the PC to save the video/pics and/or show on a monitor (at a reasonable price)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom