Military History

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalus

The Good Humor Guy
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Question for all the historians here.

Since WWI we have seen the fixed bayonette inverted with the boots and the helmet and I.D.Tags (dog tags) resting on the buttstock of the rifle to represent a fallen soldier. What was the representation during the revolutionary war?

Sounds like and Audie Murphy/Sgt Morales club question. I am drawing a blank, do you have the answer (is this a trivia question) or are you looking for it? Its proving fun to research.

DMP:

Since WWI we have seen the fixed bayonette inverted with the boots and the helmet and I.D.Tags (dog tags) resting on the buttstock of the rifle to represent a fallen soldier. What was the representation during the revolutionary war?

Blitz:
Sounds like and Audie Murphy/Sgt Morales club question. I am drawing a blank, do you have the answer (is this a trivia question) or are you looking for it? Its proving fun to research.

I am looking for it, thought it would be a good thing to enlist into some help

DMP:

I believe there was no fixed identification for soliders until WWI. Ther are instances of Civil War soliders writing their names on slips of paper and pinning them to their uniforms before a battle.

But I will stand corrected by a better historian than I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom