Military or Commercial Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Commercial Diving School will not turn you into a engineer of any kind. An engineering degree will not turn you into a commercial diver, nor is it a prereq...look at a number of such schools...they publish their prereqs. Be honest with yourself; you will NOT be doing saturation diving for the rest of your career.....so what do you fall back on when that aspect stops?
i intend to obtain an engineering degree and then go to Commercial Diving School. i just don't know what degree would be best to apply to commercial diving. I am understanding that saturation diving will take time to get to and is incredibly tasking on the human body. when the time comes for me to stop i intend to fall be onto the engineering degree. worse comes to worse, ill just move to mexico and Divemaster out there.

i intend to obtain an engineering degree and then go to Commercial Diving School. i just don't know what degree would be best to apply to commercial diving. I am understanding that saturation diving will take time to get to and is incredibly tasking on the human body. when the time comes for me to stop i intend to fall be onto the engineering degree. worse comes to worse, ill just move to mexico and Divemaster out there.
Ha, good plan. Which engineering degree depends on what turns you, what you are good at (math?), what kind of sat-diving you are keen on, and where you want to work and live and what you want to do after your diving career. Civil, structural, mechanical, petroleum, etc..... Many engg curriculums are similar for the first year or so, so switching around is possible mid-stream Take a close look at the courses and foci of the engg schools you are considering; they may say (for example) Civil Engineer, but when it comes down to it they focus on roads, or commercial buildings, or bridges, or something.

Ha, good plan. Which engineering degree depends on what turns you, what you are good at (math?), what kind of sat-diving you are keen on, and where you want to work and live and what you want to do after your diving career. Civil, structural, mechanical, petroleum, etc..... Many engg curriculums are similar for the first year or so, so switching around is possible mid-stream Take a close look at the courses and foci of the engg schools you are considering; they may say (for example) Civil Engineer, but when it comes down to it they focus on roads, or commercial buildings, or bridges, or something.
I feel Structural might be best, but i am not entirely sure. These are the questions i need to ask myself and think about. I really appreciate your time and your help.

Back
Top Bottom