Mimpi Indah Resort - Bangka Island Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone

My wife and I spent a week at Mimpi Indah Resort on Bangka Island. It was a really great week and we loved the resort. The food was very "local" but very tasty and a bit of an adventure. We litterally spent most of a surface time chilling on the day bed on the verandah. So rustic and back to nature. Owen and Ulva and little cutie pie Ocean were amazing hosts and they have a stunning intimate little resort.

I have put together a video of our trip. SORRY it is a little long, but I really hope you dont get too bored. My video work still needs tons and tons of practice. I am far more comfortable with stills!

If you enjoyed the vid PLEASE drop a comment on YouTube! Dont be too harsh though! ha ha

Here is the link: YouTube - Mimpi Indah - Bangka Island - Oct 2010 or hopefully you can just click below.

YouTube - Mimpi Indah - Bangka Island - Oct 2010

The dive boat was comfortable to dive off and the dive crew were very good!

I would definitely recommend this little resort whole heartedly.

Cheers
Al

We also stayed at Mimpi Indah, a couple of years ago. It's a great little resort, I could have stayed forever. The diving around Bangka is brilliant and often gets overlooked because of the reputation of Bunaken and Lembeh.

A great place to dive.

Owen and Ulva have created a beautiful little resort. And are continually improving it.

OH one thing I never mentioned was that IF yoy do book with them, ask them to reserve one of the new bungalows for you. They have one older one that has one or two small issues, nothing bad but it is just not nearly as amazing as the new ones.

AND Smanfa YES the diving is great ..... and quiet.... we never saw another diver underwater for an entire week.

Hi,
Great video, and thanks for the kind words.
It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again some day...

BTW, we have upgraded the last bungalow as well, so all bungalows have the same standard. This means beautiful big veranda, spacious room and large half open bathroom with hot and cold water.

Thanks again,
Ulva & Owen
Mimpi Indah resort

Hi Al,

unfotunately in Germany your video isn't playable since you apparently used music which belongs to Sony Music :depressed:

just thought I'd let you know. It's a pity because I'd love to see it.

Greetings from Germany

Daniel

Hi,
Great video, and thanks for the kind words.
It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again some day...

BTW, we have upgraded the last bungalow as well, so all bungalows have the same standard. This means beautiful big veranda, spacious room and large half open bathroom with hot and cold water.

Thanks again,
Ulva & Owen
Mimpi Indah resort

Hie,

Can u advise how far is it to travel to the dive sites at bunaken and lembeh?

Cheers,
Jac

Owen & Ulva, it was definietly our pleasure being there. It was an amazingly restful week filled with great diving. I'm glad to here the last bungalow has been revamped.

Jac.. apparently its 2 and a bit hours to Bunaken and 1 and a bit hours to Lembeh by boat.

I guess this is a few months late but GREAT video and report! Loved the music!
:0)

Back
Top Bottom