Mimpi Indah Resort - Bangka Island Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi AlMitch
Appreciate the description. This place looks like a good fit for us - quiet, small, good diving. We are thinking of going in July - question: what was it like as far as temperature at night, and did you have bugs?

Hey H
It was not too hot at night. They do have fans and there is very often a sea breeze at night which cools things down nicely.
As for bugs, I was actually quite surprised at how few bugs pestered us. Especially seen as you are quite litterally in amongst the trees and jungle. There were a few ants, but thats normal. There were also a few mozzies, so I would take repellent with, BUT again not nearly as bad as I first thought.
I hope you saw the youtube vid. It will give you a really good feel for the place.
I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves.
Al

Thanks Al, we did watch your video and it was very helpful for getting a feel for the day to day around the place. Small and simple, which is what we like. I see they have mozzie nets, good for sleeping. But it doesn't sound like swarms, keeping you from wandering around or going for a dip (I've been places like that...tiny sand flies eat you alive!). It also looks like the boat drives to dive sites are short, another plus. I read that there's some plan by a mining company to put in an open pit mine on the western side of the island, dumping tailings in the water - how awful that would be! Have you heard anything about this?

hi AIMitch, many thanks for sharing ur wonderful video.

qn- were u able to get hot water showers in the resort? gd water pressure?

many thanks

Yip cruiser the showering was A OK, showers run on gas heaters so pressure not "full blast" but decent. We had an issue with the heater on one day but they came to sort it out pronto.

ok many thanks AIMitch. We stayed in another resort the last time we were in Bangka and the water heaters weren't exactly working. pn most days we showered in the cold.... brrrr :) but the diving was just fantastic.

H we hardly got any bites. But we did take the usual precautions of spraying down in the evenings and being careful. AND maybe we got lucky.
The only thing I've heard about the mine is the petition that someone put up on this board. Its absolutely TRAGIC if it happens!!

Cruiser which resort were you at and other than no hot water how was it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom