Mind-blowing Underwater Colors in Komodo, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great job, I almost feel like you're screwing with us getting these results with a drop in filter. Esp since you posted at 720 instead of 1080 and I hardly see any noise or aliasing.

I did screw up the day this was filmed: forgot to delete files from the memory card before boarding... I didn't have a lot of space left and couldn't delete what was there, so switched to 720p so it would be enough for 3 dives.

$5 gets you the whole Lee filter sampler swatch book. Swatches are big enough to make a drop in filter for the GoPro.

Depends if you want other colors (might be useful if someone dives in green/fresh water, etc). I picked up a larger 008 dark salmon sheet in a local store for 10$, will be enough for a century
of diving...

By chance I came across your video, not through this website, but just on youtube!

awesome!

Did you use a light as well as the red filter?

So do you / would you normally shoot in 1080 if you had enough memory? What field of view - it looks like medium? And 30 fps looks great - is that what you normally would shoot now that you see your end result or would you go back to 60fps?

So do you / would you normally shoot in 1080 if you had enough memory? What field of view - it looks like medium? And 30 fps looks great - is that what you normally would shoot now that you see your end result or would you go back to 60fps?

Yes, 1080p 30fps wide mode is what I would use. I would use medium or narrow if I attached a +10 diopter, not on this video. I don't really see the advantage on 60fps, so I always shoot 30fps, it's smooth enough for me and smaller files.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom