Mizpah diving, WPB FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From my experience diving the Mispah is the current can be quite strong. Has this been discussed with your buddy and has he done the dive before.

Is that really an insurance thing? The whole 60' rule if I remember correctly from the OW book was more of a suggestion that you do not exceed that depth until you are comfortable or something like that.

Depends on who's insuring the DM. Many will insure you as long as your "planned" dive stays above recreational limits (130' max depth, no deco), while others say explicitly that you have to stay within standards at all times.

To be honest, I don't know the exact origins of the 60' rule but I'm sure there are several other threads on this. It definitely has nothing to do with insurance -- the above comment was more about the judgment of a DM who knowingly violated an established standard, since any planned violation of standards weakens a DM's defense in the event of an incident. My understanding is that the 60' rule was deemed to be the maximum depth from which an average diver could make a controlled emergency swimming ascent without having to take another breath, but in reality it's probably a combination of several factors.

It is a fairly easy dive, the drift is fairly quick, depths are reasonable. Pics from my recent "Corridor" dive, they could use a little cb correction but you get the idea:

IMG_1132_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1162_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1152_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1186_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom