MK25 A700 Black Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, pretty much. It's just a Mk25/A700 with a black coating on it to prevent scratches. And it comes DIN out of the box. Nothing too special. But cool looking.

Actually, it comes either in din or yoke....

The black coating is a new titanium-nitride PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) coating to make it nearly impervious to corrosion, abrasion and ultraviolet rays.
A little bit more than just a scratch preventer....

For an extra $200 you have to seriously wonder whether it's worth it. Although I agree with the writer of the review that the current SP chrome is way too much in terms of bling.

For an extra $200 you have to seriously wonder whether it's worth it. Although I agree with the writer of the review that the current SP chrome is way too much in terms of bling.

interesting they get to charge ya $ 200 exta to REMOVE some bling......:confused:

If this is titanium-nitride, it is a hell of a coating. I used to work in a laboratory that coated machine tooling (drill bits,...) with it. It hardens the surface, increases lifetime of tooling by factors, increases corrosion resistance,... And, unless the method of depositing it has changed, the coated metal (i.e., the regulator itself) has to be mechanically very stable at high temperatures - thus making it even more stable at normal temperatures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom