Mold in Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a spider living in the ambient chamber of my 2 port MK5 that I use to fill tires.

Reading some of the post above makes me reconsider a bad habit I have of sucking all the air out of my wing prior packing for a trip. I also apply the mouth vacuum to my SMB before rolling it up.

This brings up a good question of storage. Where and how is suggested for avoiding mold/mildew? Hanging? In a reg bag after being rinsed and dried? And, what are the best methods for drying the *inside* of the bladder -- as meticulous as I like to think I am in cleaning, drying, and hanging, I have to believe there are pockets of trapped moisture, and the inside of a BC is dark, non-porous, and unventilated by design.

This brings up a good question of storage. Where and how is suggested for avoiding mold/mildew? Hanging? In a reg bag after being rinsed and dried? And, what are the best methods for drying the *inside* of the bladder -- as meticulous as I like to think I am in cleaning, drying, and hanging, I have to believe there are pockets of trapped moisture, and the inside of a BC is dark, non-porous, and unventilated by design.

I don't think it's realistic to be able to dry the inside of the BC, even with the Zeagle BX inflator. Flushing should keep the mold down but it's best not to breathe from it.

Adam

even though i do not breath the air inside my bc in the future i plan to do a bit if flushing wih disinfectant or at least spray the hose/mouthpiece with Lysol stuff. What about those with those combo bc octos?

Up here, its $25 / stage annual service + parts = $75 for a 1st and two 2nds with no parts replaced. Parts kits are all over the place on cost, so depending on your regs, $25 for each is a ballpark estimate. 3 x $25 puts you at $75 in parts, so you are at $150.... Ultrasonic cleaning is included where I now get service, so the number "seems reasonable" if in fact you are getting an annual service....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom