Monastery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very interesting information guys. Thank you for the information. Is there no may to modify the area to make for an easier exit? I know of a lot of dive sites that people make changes so that the entrance/exit is safer. No way to stake something to hold on to?

hi,
I will ckeck the conditions in north monastery beach next saturday.
If conditions are good, i will do a nice dive... if you want to join me, let me know.
max : 160 ft ; time between 1h30 and 2h ;from the shore

If bad conditions i will be in breakwater !

Is there no may to modify the area to make for an easier exit?

Chad, IMO this is one of the easiest beach exits. Just catch a breaker which will spit you out onto the beach, crawl a few steps, ditch your weights and fins and walk to your beach chair. The beach is steep so you will only need to crawl the first 15-20 feet.

Chad, IMO this is one of the easiest beach exits. Just catch a breaker which will spit you out onto the beach, crawl a few steps, ditch your weights and fins and walk to your beach chair. The beach is steep so you will only need to crawl the first 15-20 feet.

Sounds to me like you have caught Monastary on a good day.... Or something, Don't expect that every time!

Guys Like Dannobe and many other's that posted here have a huge amount of experience with this dive site, Don't take their advice and throw it out!!

hi,
I will ckeck the conditions in north monastery beach next saturday.
If conditions are good, i will do a nice dive... if you want to join me, let me know.
max : 160 ft ; time between 1h30 and 2h ;from the shore

If bad conditions i will be in breakwater !

Myka, my old friend, you crack me up all the time... you with a rebreather and planned 160FT depth want to show him around :rofl3:

Haha, thats exactly what I was thinking :) Myka, I definetly want to go diving with you one day though.

Myka, my old friend, you crack me up all the time... you with a rebreather and planned 160FT depth want to show him around :rofl3:
not sure to understand very well... but anyway ; I didn't suggest to people that are not trained to come in the north of monastery...:no:
I just said that next saturday morning, i will check the conditions in monastery and IF it is LIKE a LAKE, i will probably do a nice "deep" dive (but not really really deep).
Here in Monterey, I don't have a lot of opportunity to dive between 150ft and 200ft, so when it is possible in Monastery, I try...:D
See you
Mickael

Back
Top Bottom