Money in Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most places do not accept traveler's checks any longer... some businesses ended up with counterfeits. You will probably be better off with ATMs, even with the associated fees. It will be faster and less hassle in the long run.

Most places do not accept traveler's checks any longer... some businesses ended up with counterfeits. You will probably be better off with ATMs, even with the associated fees. It will be faster and less hassle in the long run.
Once upon a time you could cash traveler's checks at Warren's Grocery Store (now Eldon's I believe) but they charged you for them and had some funky exchange rates. Once I figured that if I exchanged my travelers checks for euros then exchanged the euros for limpira I would make money but if I tried they would have caught on. Just put your cash in a US account, take a card with you and withdraw large amounts as needed. The fees aren't that bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom