Monterey Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN:
I don't know where I went other then probably middlereef. Just curious also.

First dive was Cannery Point. Second dive was middle reef. Lobos seemed really big and wide underwater. Unfortunately no pictures to prove it.

I'm still waiting for my Sealife reefmaster camera to be service and return back. Whenever I called them and told them my name, all I got was laughter from the tech support guy. Hopefully I'll get the camera by wednesday and we'll go camera crazy in lobos.

RoyN:
You can take your apology and sink it in Monastery Canyon for all I care and that goes the same for everybody here. If you want to help me to become a better diver, talk to me in person at K-dock on Saturday. If you can't get my humor in my stories, don't bother replying then. Don't write essays to me about this and that, that belongs in school. You all live close to me, you can talk to me in person. And thats my final official word in this matter.

Nice to know civility is alive and well on the internet. Why in the world would anybody take time out to help you when you so clearly have demonstrated that you do not want help.

Anyways - Conditions at Lobos today were not bad. 40+ ft viz out by the sisters. Low swell. Nice day.

RoyN:
I may be a new little junior, but I am mastering my buoyancy because I haven't touched my inflator valve for the past 10 dive. And unfortunately that attributes to having left over air because before then I would have to inflat or deflat and didn't know what I was doing.

If you aren't touching your inflator valve, you are doing something wrong. If you are
perfectly weighted, you need to start the dive with about six pounds of lift in your
BC, and add gas as you descend to compensate for the increased pressure on that
lift. And, IIRC, you are in a wetsuit, so you have to add gas to compensate for the
compression of the suit.

And Ben did not call you "Junior" as in a nickname. He said you "were junior" as in
"less experienced".

Chuck Tribolet:
If you aren't touching your inflator valve, you are doing something wrong. If you are
perfectly weighted, you need to start the dive with about six pounds of lift in your
BC, and add gas as you descend to compensate for the increased pressure on that
lift. And, IIRC, you are in a wetsuit, so you have to add gas to compensate for the
compression of the suit.

PM sent.

Chuck Tribolet:
And Ben did not call you "Junior" as in a nickname. He said you "were junior" as in
"less experienced".

Nein, he can call me Roy and I will call him Ben and nothing else.

here we go again. seems to be a lot of bs @ here. at least he didn't call you a knob. forget it roy. these guys egos just get in the way for mentoring and teaching. I think once some divers get enough training and experience, they find it hard to reframe from belittling the less exp. it makes themselves feel important in some ways. take what you need and leave the rest. I think I have seen enough here in the nor cal section. think my visits will be less often. its a pity. I sure like the idea of a scuba community. Im tired of having my words picked apart just so somebody can look smart. whatever. im sure everybody here is a nice guys and gals once you get past the egos. roy , just stroke them, and they will be nice. stroke them to much and they spit on you.

personally I like to be waited positive at the surface. and neutral at 15' with all air out of bladder. but I think its a matter of personal preference and what type of diving you are doing and gear you use. I know of some divers who don't use bc at all. or just a vest. like my uncle. unless you just have to keep up with the Jonses.

:popcorn:

I rather talk in person then writing on the forum gonphishing, besides writing class was weakest in school and I passed it because the teacher was easy.

Anyways gonphishing, the true story about the 150 psi was true but I was already on the surface and was waiting for the divers to get their butts off the water and into the boat and they were taking too long and what am I supposed to do? So I just took the reg and started breathing for the heck of it. So I pretty much sucked it down from 500 to 150 just messing around the stuff. I know it was wrong, but hey was having fun and was already on the surface.

As for the inflator, once again it is bad english. I don't use it to go up and down or something like that. I bleed the air out in order to remain neutral when I'm like 60 ft or something in the water, and only inflate in order to remain neutral but touching it all the time, nope.

As for their egos, I'm just ignoring them. Who cares if they have many many dives, but still act like jerks, rude, and cocky, guess what they're still jerks, rude and cocky and I'll leave them at that and just ignore them completely. The only person that I can trust in diving tip is Chuck since he hasn't raised a voice or anything but a quiet and patience man. As for treated as equal, yes, treated as a human being, not some dumb kid.

Other then that, I just check Private Message and probably just post once in a while and thats it. As for this whole entire matter is officially close. Anybody who continues talking about this is pretty much beating the dead horse.

Back
Top Bottom