Montezuma's Revenge & Amoxicillin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the central issue is that the freshness of the fish/shrimp/conch & the hygiene involved in preparation & storage cannot be guaranteed in much foreign ceviche.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

It would be nice if it were that easy, but adding lime juice will not "cook bacteria" or sterilize bacterially contaminated food or drink, although it may make them smell & taste better.

This is old wive's nonsense.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

That's pretty much where I started out in my thinking on the other thread and Zag came around to it as well after some discussion. Thanks for clearing it up for us ...but I think we lost the original poster on that thread! LOL....TMI for him? Maybe he'll check back later for an update if he hasn't changed his mind about going now!!!

Salud!

DocVikingo once bubbled...
I believe the central issue is that the freshness of the fish/shrimp/conch & the hygiene involved in preparation & storage cannot be guaranteed in much foreign ceviche.
Hi DocVikingo,

I think we are in violent agreement!

By the way, have you not heard the adage "You need to eat a peck of dirt before you die." I believe there is mounting evidence that our obsession with food hygeine is contributing the the current epidemic in atopic illness, such as eczema and asthma, among others.

Having said that travellers to the third world would be wise to take all recognised precautions, even to having their own water filters.

Epinephelus once bubbled...
one cannot get the true flavor of a place without tasting it.
E. itajara
Well said.
Living has risk - balancing risk and experience is the art of living well, I think. The "tourist" just wants to see what's on the tour. The traveller wants to see, hear, touch, feel, taste... live in the places along the way.
To me, travelling is fun, touring is a bore.
And while TD is a literal pain in the rear, and one should take precautions to minimize the risk of getting it, eliminating the risk and travelling are not compatible goals.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom