Mooring Day 2004 (May 15/16)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you to all who assisted this weekend with lifting the mooring lines for POW. We had a great turn out for the day followed by the BBQ courtesy of Great Lakes Underwater Explorers and hosted by Northern Tech Diver . Thanks goes out to all the boat captains for volunteering their boats for the day: Wayne Plumb and the Ashley Dawn, Big Jim and the Vickie Marie, Harold and the Seaducer, Walter and Spike Jr. , Wayne Gay and Surface Interval and Steve F. and The Lyn Lee.
Thanks to Ken Fuller (President od the Great lakes Ubderwater Explorers Club)for his great BBQ cooking skills and Anna , Mae and Cliff for their help with the food. I would also like to thank Tom R. for his great organizational skills which enabled all the divers to find their spot on a boat . We all had a great day of diving , Thanks to all !!!
Now lets all get out diving these awewsome wrecks ...they are ready and waiting....
safe dives
Anne

I just got back from Day 2 of the Mooring Day, and in addition to Knives comments we like to thank Mike Ryan and his friends from Rockport also. As for today the Ashley-Dawn and Seaducer placed a mooring on John's Run which comprises of 2 scuttled wrecks in the Wolfe Island Graveyard believed to be the Hattie Hutt and Sanor. Also the Comet was raised as it apparently moved on Walter this winter :D. The President of POW (Wayne Plumb) commented that it was a great weekend.

Thanks to everyone that assisted.

To everyone that helped, Thanks so much.

We all had a great time and the food was great. Ken was a great chef and I ate too much.

All told at the end of the weekend we had 15 dive sites up and ready for the season. We found that 2 of the lines need replacing, the Douglas and the Titanic, so I guess I have more splicing to do :D
I hope to have the few still down, up before the end of the long weekend.

Again you guys are great and it's good to see dive people from all over stand up and be counted on for help.

Big Jim (aka) divedude "POW Mooring Director"

vlada:
These are from Marsh - never saw the viz like that before

Thanks to Knives and Snowbear for being such great models

Vlada

Excellent pictures, thanks for letting us be your models!
When are you back to Kingston?

To all of those volenteers that helped make this years POW Mooring Day a great success I say thanks and hope to see you next year.

A special thanks to the GLUE Club (Global Underwater Explorers) for sponsoring the BBQ on Saturday after the event. A special thanks goes to the great cook Ken Fuller ( president of the GLUE Club) who kept all fed, to Ann Campbell for doing all those little things behind the sceens making arrangements for the food etc. If it were not for the organizational skills of Tom R it could have been a very rough day.(pardon the pun)

To Mae Squires,Cliff Rowe,Ann Campbell and others thank you for the salads and deserts it was just the right touch to a very good meal that made it great. To all of the divers (to many to list here as I think I would run out of space) that attended thank you for the assistance in raising the lines and we hope to see you next year.

Last but not least to all of the dive charter operators with out whom this event could not have taken place, they donated of their time and equipment to make this a suuccessful Mooring Day 2004. Big Jim Dive Charters ( Vickey-Marie ), D.W. Charters ( Spike Sr.), Limestone Dive Center ( Lynn-Lee), Mike Ryan & Co, T & H Charters (Seadeauceur), Wayne Gay (Surface Interval), U & I Scuba (Ashley-Dawn)

yours in diving
Wayne Plumb
President
Preserve Our Wrecks Kingston

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom