More than one day in a port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anybody know of any cruise lines that spend more than one day in a port?

I'm getting tired of having to rush back to the ship, when I'd really like to do more diving the next day.

Terry

I'm not aware of any of the "biggies" doing so. You might check out some of the smaller ones. I've heard that sometimes they will do a 2-day stop --- or at the very least a late departure.

Trying to remember who told me that, to give you a better idea which company to contact.

Have you thought about live-a-boards?

I'd like to, but my wife doesn't dive. I don't think she would be happy being stuck on a boat with nothing to do.

Terry

DivingGal:
Trying to remember who told me that, to give you a better idea which company to contact.

Have you thought about live-a-boards?

From what I understand the Cuan Law in the BVI is less dive-intensive than most liveaboards and has more opportunities for other water sports and excursions, depending on what she likes maybe it would be a good compromise. See http://www.bvidiving.com/

Cruises to Bermuda will stay in each port longer - hard not to, since there are only 2 ports. Sometimes you get longer port times in Europe or the Med, but in the Caribbean, 1 day is usually it.

We cruised French Polynesia with Princess last May. They stayed overnight in Tahiti the day of arrival, and spent 2 days in Bora Bora.

We actually dove all the islands we visited, and had a great time on all. The islands visitied don't have the BEST diving in FP, but for a first trip to the south Pacific it was good for us. Now we just have to save up enough money to go back.

KYDan

Web Monkey-

Norwegian Cruise Lines has a Bermuda itinerary that you may be interested in. The Norwegian Majesty (which I am on currently) leaves Boston on Sundays, is at sea for Monday, and stays in Bermuda at the same dock until Friday at 12, then we leave for one sea day and back to Boston on Sunday again. Hope this helps!

Web Monkey:
Does anybody know of any cruise lines that spend more than one day in a port?

I'm getting tired of having to rush back to the ship, when I'd really like to do more diving the next day.

Terry

Sounds great!

Thanks!

Terry

KYDan:
We cruised French Polynesia with Princess last May. They stayed overnight in Tahiti the day of arrival, and spent 2 days in Bora Bora.

We actually dove all the islands we visited, and had a great time on all. The islands visitied don't have the BEST diving in FP, but for a first trip to the south Pacific it was good for us. Now we just have to save up enough money to go back.

KYDan

Bermuda is you calling. I am the same as you. Bermuda has three ports of call - St. George's, Hamilton, and Royal Naval Dockyard. What's better is you don't have to be on the ship when it moves from one port to another. I go out in the morning and just take a cab or bus over to the new port. Very convenient! In Sept. I pull into BDA in Monday and leave Friday a 4pm. This will help me dive and spend time with my fiance.

French Polynesia is the way to go two days in most ports Tahiti Bora Bora Morea Tahaa I am not sure whi has the lines there but it was the best place we ever went on a ship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom