More weather coming by the weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Annnnnd we arrive on Friday. Hoping to get in ahead of this as we're doing the bag drag from CUN.

Was looking to book a last minute trip on Saturday the 28th...May divert.

Don't think of it as the most severe hurricane season in the last 20 years.

Think of it as the least severe hurricane season for the next 20 years!

Hopefully I sacrificed the right number of goats to avoid one falling on my head in a month. Gotta admit all this activity in the Yucatan is making me nervous. They are supposed to turn north!

They are supposed to turn north!

Well, at least the other two systems are. At the moment, it looks like we'll get rained out on Saturday but should be back in the water on Sunday. Happy I booked a 9 day trip now :wink:

Going to keep my eye on the storm, but we’ll most likely go. Coming into CUN as well. Looks like we’ll be getting wet going to Cozumel.

Today:
upload_2021-8-25_13-44-57.png
upload_2021-8-25_13-46-46.png

Somebody get out a sharpie and move this thing towards Cuba where it belongs!

(it's a joke don't hurt me Cubans)

Ugh. My plan is to dry gear Saturday afternoon. When is it due?

Here's the cliff notes from what they posted tonight. TL;DR nothing set in stone yet but high likelihood of a storm hitting the Yucatan Friday-Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed.

"... a tropical depression or tropical storm is likely to form late this week or over the weekend. The system is expected to move northwestward over the northwestern Caribbean Sea and near or across the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico on Friday..."

"However, uncertainty remains large since the system has yet to form."

"Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent. Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom