More Wyndham/Sabor drama with a Sand Dollar Sports and Dive Palancar thrown in!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

who are you diving with ??
how do their prices compare ??
We're dving with Scuba Mau this trip. We've just passed by the Sand Dollar pier a few times already. The service has been great, and Gabbi Loco is a really fun dive master, but I don't think this is the place to be listing prices. Let's just say they're competitive. You can look up prices on the various web sites.

I know they have always allowed others to pick up at the pier. Both Alex and Oscar (former SD instructors) are doing their own things and SD allows them to use the pier. I'll be there Friday (4-22)and report back after the margaritas wear off.....

I know they have always allowed others to pick up at the pier. Both Alex and Oscar (former SD instructors) are doing their own things and SD allows them to use the pier. I'll be there Friday (4-22)and report back after the margaritas wear off.....

Actually, this was true regarding where the concrete pier currently sits for quite a number of years, but a couple of years ago things changed - they made anyone diving with another op walk to the wooden pier on the other side of the resort. Those unwilling to walk (and also pay) to the opposite side simply got picked up & dropped off in the water by some of the smaller boats. Haven't heard how things are being handled with the current situation.

I just read a message on Tony Rome's forum (dealing with several subjects) and part of it says that Sanddollar has had to lay off staff. No numbers given, but not a surprise considering the season plus loss of the in house monopoly.

Heading to Aura end of July. Previously went out with SandDollar. Anyone been with the new house operator?

I did one dive with the new operator back in April. I don't want to besmirch any reputations but I will say I would rather dive with Sand Dollar.

We used Dive Palancar when we stayed at the Allegro in 2009, and then again when we stayed at the Aura in October (and we did have to pay the pier fee when we didn't drive to the Grand). Prior to 2009 we had used Dive Paradise multiple times, but really loved Dive Palancar and have switched to using them. The staff was great and very professional, and the boats were not crowded.

I only have one experience with Sand Dollar, but that was in 1998 on a dive from a cruise ship, and I've learned since then to stay away from boats full of cruise ship passengers!

I dive with another op and use the north concrete pier. I pay a daily fee. I have never been told I have to use the southern wooden pier. This has been consistent for many years and 3-4 trips per year.

I dive with another op and use the north concrete pier. I pay a daily fee. I have never been told I have to use the southern wooden pier. This has been consistent for many years and 3-4 trips per year.
I've stayed at Wyndham 4 times in the past 5 years, and we always had to use the wooden pier and pay the fee.

I've stayed at Wyndham 4 times in the past 5 years, and we always had to use the wooden pier and pay the fee.

You can actually use either pier, but there is a fee at both. I pick up at both based on which one is more convenient for my guests.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom