Morrison Springs 10-10-04 Few pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We can't get away for about 3 weeks so I'll check with you after we decide where/when. The Halloween party sounds like a hoot!

Hey - don't forget me! I live closer to Morrison than both of you :D . Let me know when you're going and I'll see if I'm free. All I have to contend with is my schedule and the weather. I tried getting my self up to Morrison today, after working night shift last night. I went to pick up my regs from annual service and found that they were not finished yet. Hard to dive with out them :) . It was only raining a little and the river level is still down. Maybe I'll get a chance to go this Saturday.

We're still trying to decide where to go. If we go east to the springs, there's not much between here and there, just diving at the end. If we go west to Balmorhea, there's lots of great scenery and cool little towns and then diving. Depends on how many scuba bucks I scrape together, I guess!

SeaYoda:
Maybe I'll get a chance to go this Saturday.

I'll be at Morrison again Sunday, if you're free that day and need a buddy :)

Dee:
We're still trying to decide where to go. If we go east to the springs, there's not much between here and there, just diving at the end.

Probably nothing that interests you in LA, although people do dive Lake Poncetrain(ick!). Not sure about MS, but I don't think there is much south on your route. AL offers a few shore dives in Gulf Shores, but I'm not sure on there current conditions - but I may be able to get access to the beach and get some bearing on whats going on with them by the time you guys are ready for a trip. Pensacola's Ft. Pickens offers a few shore dives, there is no access to the area at the moment, but there may be soon(?). There is the Destin Jeddies, which is still accessible and its in good shape(should have an update on it by the 23rd). Then you can head north and hit the springs :) Lots of diving, and for the most part free. Its like $7 to get into Ft. Pickens, if you can even access it by that time. Vortex is the only dive that will cost you money($25).

Bug...we talked about this tonight. This trip will mainly be a road trip vs a dive trip. ACK...I can't believe I just said that! :11: We've made the trip to Panama City numerous times and there's just nothing of interest to us until we get to the PC area. Going the other direction we can go through the hill country, visit some vinyards, see some pretty country, etc. Maybe check out the diving Lake Amistad and definately dive if we go as far a Balmorhea. The water is warmer in those springs than in Morrison/Vortex!

We will definate make a trip to the Panama City area next spring when it's warmer.

Back
Top Bottom