Morrison Springs 11/13 or 11/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't wait to hear your report. I am kind of on the slow side to give my report from my liveaboard. Had a hectic week to catch up here at home. But, I will give you one now.

I flew down from Augusta to WPB on Thurs, Nov.4 evening and boarded the Gulfstream Eagle at about 12MN. So it was already Friday. I set up my gear and got settled into my cabin after completing the necessary customs and waivers for diving. I got to sleep around 2am I guess and slept like a baby. I was up at 9am in West End, Grand Bahama. We ate breakfast while the Captain cleared customs, then we headed out for some diving. Our first dive was at Indian Cay and it was the only one I did not carry my camera on. It seemed to me that there were alot more smaller tropical fish than there have been. Maybe since the hurricanes the reefs are being restocked. Truly enjoyed that dive. The next dive was at Sherwood Forest site and that was awesome, we dove on a different end than I remembered as there were a lot more swim throughs in the reef and great coral heads to explore. I had a wonderful time there. Because, it was already getting late in the day and we had to go back to the dock that night we did not do any other diving on Friday.

Saturday, Nov. 6, we had a front move in over night and it was kind of windy and rainey all day. We had trouble finding blue water to dive, and we did one dive in some really green cloudy water. It was not too, pretty and we it was difficult to navigate back to the boat even. But, all in all we had a decent dive. Our next dive though the Captain took us back over to the South end and we did another dive where we were the previous day. Again, much clearerer and nicer waters. After this dive I had a headache so I didn't dive out the remainder of the day. I was lazy and napped until supper.

Sunday, Nov. 7, we stayed mostly in the South end because water still did not look good on the North. We did ride up there to check it out though. I made all four dives on Sunday. Again, lots of fish to see. I took quite a few pictures. Will be downloading soon. We had a great day. After dinner, which was awesome, fresh lobster and fresh grouper, we went back to the docks caught a cab and went into Freeport. Not much was happening there, we walked around had a drink and watched the locals dancing in the street. Then it was back to to boat.

Monday, Nov. 8 because I was flying home I did not dive, however they made two more dives. The last one was a Shark dive and I have seen the video of it, too bad I couldn't do it as it looked great. The ride home was a smooth crossing of the Gulfstream for the first half then boom about midway the water got really rough. We were bouncing all over the place. Once we cleared US customs, I left off to the airport. I was able to catch some earlier flights and was back home at 8:40pm.

I think it was a very good trip and plan on going again March 3-7th with them. I will probably not fly though.

Well, now I have a problem. Sorry, not to have posted those pictures yet. Since I got back home things have been absolutely crazy. My husband decided to buy us a new house, really I knew we were going to but thought it was not happening for awhile. It seems I am now smack in the middle of a move right at Thanksgiving. I have been busy packing some things and one of those things has been my camera and scuba gear. Looks like I won't download them for a few weeks now.

But, I do promise to download them as soon as things get settled down a bit.

Gotta run, too much to do and too little time.

Congrats on the new home, looking forward to the pics whenever you get to them. :)

Well, I got alot accomplished in the last two days. I have packed all our books, sorted out thirty years of collected trash in two rooms of the house, bookcases and desks that held all kinds of stuff we really don't need. I packed up a box full of twelve years of bank statements and check book registers, geez what a job. In the computer room which also houses my scuba gear I packed all my dive gear, trinkets, gizmos and asorted other things. I emptied out my books in that room, and all of my souveniers that I have collected from various dive trips, shells, and my collection of carved turtles.

My next project will be to empty out our bedroom. Pack up clothes and sort out those things we don't need.

Gotta go again. Will check in soon.

Glad to hear things went well on the live aboard. Good luck on the move too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom