Morrison Springs dive report and pics 3/7/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Sorry if we bothered anyone running our air compressor.

I heard it but it didn't bother me. Were you the guy with the dry suit that I talked to out by the Scuba Center on the floating dock?

...Bill, I like your pictures because they show little divers in this huge cavern. Gives a good perspective of how big it really is....

I looked into the hyperfocal point for f2.8 and focal length of 14mm. I was only off by 10 ft :D. I'll try the manual settings again on the next dive but my lens does not have exact markings between 3' and infinitiy (hyperfocal is about 13'). I did a test in the house and I can get pretty close - at least the next pics will be somewhat clearer than these. If I can get any clarity at f2.8 and enough light from my single strobe to see that much of the cavern I'll be happy.

I'm curious if/how the hyperfocal point will be affected by the magnification of the water?

Nice report SY. The pictures are good to see. I mounted a curved piece of glass on my monitor and moved it in and out to adjust the focus.:D

I'm curious if/how the hyperfocal point will be affected by the magnification of the water?

Might not be too much with the dome port that acts like my mask and cancels out the magnification factor. It might be affected by that virtual image thing as well as the water magnification. It will be trial and error - mostly error - for sure.

Nice report SY. The pictures are good to see. I mounted a curved piece of glass on my monitor and moved it in and out to adjust the focus.:D

I'm told if you squint just right everything becomes clear :D.

Making an unexpected trip to Morrison tomorrow morning (Wednesday). Taking a guy from Wisconsin up there to dive before he heads back on Thursday. Should be there around 8 AM. If anyone else is going to be there give me a holler.

Stasia, I may still meet you guys Thursday morning if everything works out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom