Morro Bay 10-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabolic:
Ben is right, of course, but more specifically the bottom I was on was right under the North T-Pier (the Coast Guard Pier).

Thats one spot i have not tried yet. I am assuming you need the harbor masters permission to dive there?? It would be my luck the coast guard would freak and shoot me out of the water even with the harbor masters permission:D

I have dove quite a bit in the bay across the street from morro rock at a spot called target rock and down by the jetty on the bay side. The fish life is not near as good as it was quite a few years ago. Morro Bay holds a lot of memories for me as it was my first introduction to diving over 20 years ago.

Thanks caloy. Dryglove, it's a public pier so I don't think you need any permission to dive it. But I always check in with the Coast Guard and the Harbormaster's office (both are right there at the foot of the pier) and let them know I am doing the dive. I also occasionally bring each office some prints, they are always interested in what lives under the pier which is right in front of them. The Coast Guard people are great, friendly, courteous, interested, helpful. They always offer their hoses for an equipment rinse after the dive, I always accept.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom