Moving, need packing recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am about to retire from the US Navy and will be moving back to the US from Europe. I am looking for advice on how the packers/movers should pack our dive gear, specifically our regulator sets so they are not just thrown in a box and damaged during the move.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Zef

Regulators can be used as a hammer if necessary. Don't get too carried away.

(Dire warnings to the contrary will immediately follow)

(Dire warnings to the contrary will immediately follow)

Not from this guy... Of all the things you are likely going to need to pack Zef, your regs are probably one of the most durable. I'd be more concerned about the things packed around the regs...

Wrap them up in some t-shirts and you're good to go...

Your computers, on the other hand, should go in your carry on (assuming that the Navy flies your stuff home, and doesn't put it on one of those big floaty things they have~)

My brother is a retired USN Capt. and has taken advantage of military flights over the decades. If you can get a freebee flight for moving your stuff, pack the delicate stuff as securely as possible. If you are flying like me, and paying for every ounce of baggage weight these days, be less careful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom