Moving to Deatsville AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife just got orders and we will be moving to Deatsville AL (near Montgomery) in July. It looks like we will be about 3-4 hours from the Pensacola and Destin beaches. What are the good dive sites to hit in and around Alabama and the Panhandle?

I think the Oriskany is a must hit but other than that I am clueless.

North of you, you have Dive Alabama (aka Alabama Bluewater ) at Pelham, just outside of Bham. www.divealabama.com

south of you, you've got the entire gulf coast.

go pick up a copy of Ned Deloaches "http://www.amazon.com/Diving-Guide-Underwater-Florida-11th/dp/1878348396

Also "Scuba Panama City" by Danny Grizzard is a decent guide of wrecks in Panama City area. I think it can be bought here. (site blocked at work, as are many) Products

I bought my copy of it at Panama City Dive Center. They still might have some.

Once you see the caverns at vortex and morrison springs in ponce de leon, fl, you might just get the fever! They are not scary at all.

I live near Deatsville also, i live in Prattville, let me know when your wanting to go diving.

Once you see the caverns at vortex and morrison springs in ponce de leon, fl, you might just get the fever! They are not scary at all.

Be careful what you think about those caverns. I've seen the visibility in Vortex go from clear to zero in a matter of seconds. I can easily show you how that happens. And in the meantime, take a look at the videos in my sig line.

Back
Top Bottom