Mr. C Boat Schedule?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And it's likely that Pat's hasty responses cost him customers. It is the same thing. They chose to respond to your request with, "Sorry....that's our policy" essentially. Pat chose to respond with a "too bad" type response as well, initially. To some, sorry isn't enough, especially in business. They just don't want to risk hearing it a second time. Granted, Pat has made amends best he could. Some have already made sharp distinctions between Mr C and their favorite boats, too.

As for my logic, try this: if you get pulled over and get a ticket for 10 mph over limit only to find out your friend got a warning for same infraction, same place by the same officer....would you consider that fair? Probably not. If he gave you both tickets, would that be fair? Of course. It sucks getting the ticket but at least it's fair for everyone.

I guess you didn't see the part where I said:

...let's just let it go, can we? Let's go diving! :D

:D:D:D

Let's go diving!

I guess you didn't see the part where I said:

:D:D:D

Let's go diving!

I saw it....after reading another response from you in which you didn't let it go!! :idk:

Lee Anne and Two Wheels,

Its been a while since I chimed in on these topics but I can't hold off any longer. Different dive boats and operators for different kinds of people.

This is all very entertaining. I have to agree with Lee Anne though. Let's just go diving and see some neat things.

Don

I have to agree with Lee Anne though. Let's just go diving and see some neat things.

YES! Let's do that! :blinking:

I also have sent several emails requesting info on charters or schedule and they have not responded. I guess they really don't care about getting any business.

I also have sent several emails requesting info on charters or schedule and they have not responded. I guess they really don't care about getting any business.

Please note that, as explained earlier in this thread, they are not receiving emails due to web problems, which they are still trying to resolve. Also noted earlier in this thread: Pat (boat owner) has posted his personal cell phone number, and will happily address your questions personally.

I also posted that you can PM me directly and I'll be happy to assist.

This boat DOES care about getting business - they care very much. The communications problems have been due to web issues, which they are trying very hard to get resolved. These have nothing to do with them not caring about getting business, and everything to do with just not being very computer-savvy - not an uncommon situation for businesses run by people who haven't had a need to become computer-savvy before. They are definitely trying to become so now.

Thanks for your understanding. Please feel free to contact either me or Pat directly.

Last edited:
Hi LeeAnn,

Some people just don't want to bother reading the whole thread to get the info but you've done a good job getting the info across here.

John

Sigh...I know. I don't know what else to do. I'll just PM people as much as possible, I guess.

The communications problems have been due to web issues, which they are trying very hard to get resolved.

To be fair, LeeAnne, that's not altogether accurate. The web isn't causing the problem here, the owner is. It's been over two months and they have yet to resolve their website problems. That's beyond reasonable for a business today. I find it extremely hard to believe they are "trying very hard to get [it] resolved". This would take either one phone call to get the site pulled (which they should do if they aren't going to bother with keeping it current) or a few hours reading "HTML for Dummies".

As a legitimate dive business, either the staff needs to become computer literate, or they need to spend some money and hire people who are. Doing neither is costing them business. It's 2010, time to get with the interwebs.

The schedule needs to be posted online. They also need to find a way to start answering e-mails. If needed, put up a temporary website at a different URL (with a new e-mail account; you can create free ones in dozens of places). They could have this done in a few hours for just a few dollars.

I'm grateful Pat came on SB to respond (even if his first half dozen postings were a total and utter disaster), but more can and should be done quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom