Mucky Secrets - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait - Weekly Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback folks. Glad you like them :)

This week's part 8 kicks off with a pair of short dragonfish, a type of seamoth. I then look at oriental flying gurnards, with their huge "wings", followed by a quick look at a couple of Lembeh's blennies including the hairtail blenny. Finally we encounter gobies, including a pair of yellow pygmy gobies living in a discarded bottle, and a toothy goby living on a sea pen.

Great documentary ! Informative as well as beautifully photographed.

Nick your work is outstanding in terms of production value. Excellent video work and extremely informative and detailed in content. I have watched many of your videos and I am amazed at the sheer amount and diversity of wildlife you have captured in your videos. Based on this i know you have spent an immeasurable about of time in the water to capture such fantastic images.

Thanks again for sharing your great work!

EXCELLENT!!! I love the geography section with maps. The Straits are one of my favorite places in the world. Your videos have me day-dreaming and reminiscing. Good stuff, thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the generous feedback. rgrountree, this whole series was shot in just 29 dives over 9 days. That says a lot about the sheer diversity and density of life in the Lembeh Strait.

Here is part 13, which features a young panther grouper, and then a variety of benthic fishes: stargazers, flounders and flatheads.

Back
Top Bottom