Multi-day discounts in Kona diving with Wanna Dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

friscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Aloha,

I thought I'd post some blatant spam. I own Wanna Dive, a 6 pack dive operation on the Big Island running out of Kailua-Kona.

Our regular price for the standard 2 tank day dive is currently $119, kinda right in the middle of the pack for dive operators here, the 2 tank late afternoon/night dive is an extra $6. Starting the third charter of your trip, we knock $15 off the regular charter price, with an additional discount starting on the sixth charter bringing it to $20 off our regular price from then on.

Here's the boat:

boat-on-water-2.jpg

It's a 6 pack boat, repowered and remodeled in late '07, walkaround configuration so we can spread out if we want, plenty of shade. Powered by quiet twin 4 stroke engines, it has plenty of get up and go so we can cover some ground. We've got a fair amount of storage, sorry no head available other than the ocean (we can make a trip in to the harbor between dives for those who can't use the ladder if necessary, most of our dive sites are within 20 minutes of the harbor and we move between dives). Lunch of sandwich, snack items, water or sport drink is provided. We offer dry towels on board.

While we carry up to 6 customers, we're relatively new (started boat charters in '03) and don't spend much on advertizing, so typical group sizes are more often in the 3-4 size than the 5 or 6 at this point. We will go with just 2 divers on the day trips, and shoot for a minimum of 3 on the afternoon/night trip.

Dive profiles are computer driven multi-level dives, with the bulk of the dive being in the 30-40 foot range, making for long slow dives. We drop off divers at the boat as they get to 500psi and continue on with the better breathers to explore some more. We do not have arbitrary time limits, we go by air and NDL limits, so there's a possiblity of good long dives if you're good on air.... lots of our divers are doing 70 minute dives, some of the real good breathers are doing 90+ on the dives.

Our current crew has been leading dives for years, myself in Kona since '99, Bob on Oahu and in Kona since '95/'96 and Cathy in Kona since the late 70's... we know the sites.

We try our darndest not to repeat dive sites for those who are diving for any length of time... fairly easy to do with a 6 pack boat. Last year I set up the GPS and keyed in 54 different moorages and anchorages we used over the course of the year.... Kona has LOTS of good diving.

We're doing the two tank morning dives pretty much every day these days, and offer the afternoon/night dives 2-3 times a week when we can get enough to make a go of it. Nitrox is available if arranged in advance.

Feel free to check us out... Scuba diving in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii with Wanna Dive. Boat diving charters, classes, intro dives.

Mahalo,

Steve, if I was on the Big Island I would love to dive with you & your crew again. We had an awesome time diving with you in December and if we ever go back to Kona we will certainly give you a call :) Thanks for the memories!

We will be out in Kona for Thanksgiving weekend, a total of 4 divers. Do you do pelagic black water dives by any chance as well?

I don't lead the pelagic black water dives at this point. I'm thinking it's pretty much limited to 2-3 operators. I'm small, 3 employees including myslef trying to cover up to 10 charters a week. None working for me are keen on leading that dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom