Info MultiDeco installation on Steam Deck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mersco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello! I Just spent some time installing multideco on my steamdeck, and thought I'd give y'all a guide on how to do it. I also made a character keybinding map, available in the community keybindings on steam.

Disclaimer: when I first got my steamdeck, I did some stuff to get a game working, and I'm not sure if this previously done stuff has any effect on this current guide. If you try it, and run into a problem, feel free to email me at Mersco@Gmail.com and I'll try to help you troubleshoot it. If I find my notes on the things I did, and if I figure out they're relevant, I'll edit this.

Step 1: Boot SteamDeck in desktop mode

Step 2: Download windows version of multideco

Step 3: Open steam while remaining in desktop mode

Step 4: Click Games tab on top, Add a Non-Steam Game to My library, Browse, Dowloads, select mdpln420.exe, open, add selected programs.

Step 5: go to your library and click on mdpln420.exe, click the gear icon, properties..., compatability, click "force the use of a specific steam play compatability tool" and choose Proton Experimental.

Step 6: Press Play, choose language, agree to TOS, and then click browse. Click on "( C: )". The top of that window should say "C:\MultiDeco" press Ok, next, install, finish without launching the application.

Step 7: At this time, things become difficult. You must find the EXE that was installed within the file system. To do this, open dolphin. Click the settings icon(3 horizontal lines, "hamburger") and check the box "show hidden files." Navigate to: Home>.local>share>Steam>steamapps>compatdata. You should be in a folder filled with numbered folders. Sort these folders by Date Created. Write down the number of the folder, for this example I will be using 3769352876(Steam generates this number randomly.)

Step 8: Go back into Steam, to mdpln420.exe, and click the gear icon. Go to properties. Change the Target(remember to use your own unique file number found in step 7) to: /home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/3769352876/pfx/drive_c/MultiDeco/multideco.exe

Step 9: optional, change the name from mdpln420.exe to MultiDeco

Step 10: Revert steam deck to gaming mode, play multideco, and plan a dive!

Attachments

• 20240419_111336.jpg
    20240419_111336.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
Is step 7 and 8 necessary because the launcher uses the incorrect target?

This is cool though! Thanks!

The launcher targets the install file, so you have to install it every time if you don't switch the target.

I'm must say I wouldn't have dream to ever read such a post. On 2nd thought : divers are geek, aren't they ?

Out of sheer curiosity, what do you use your steam deck for, outside gaming and planning your dives ?

I'm must say I wouldn't have dream to ever read such a post. On 2nd thought : divers are geek, aren't they ?

Out of sheer curiosity, what do you use your steam deck for, outside gaming and planning your dives ?

I've used it to write some 3d models with openscad, but mostly just games :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom