Murderous Catalina ferry captains and diveboat crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He was NOT a ferry boat captain when he murdered those people. It has no relevance. What did have relevance was the relationship between him and his wife.

He was NOT a ferry boat captain when he murdered those people. It has no relevance. What did have relevance was the relationship between him and his wife.
Once a ferry boat captain, always a ferry boat captain. Just because a captain loses his ferry doesn't mean he's not still a captain!

I'd say your title could be worded better as it doesn't sound like he was a captain at the time of the shooting.
In fact he was fired 11 years ago.

The way the title is phrased seems to imply that Catalina ferry captains and dive boat crews are murdering people.

And I don't mean to nitpick but why is captains plural, is this a type-o?
Ex-ferry boat captain doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Besides, I hate where the hyphen goes. Next thing I know, someone will be complaining that I called the guy an ex-fairy boat captain and I misspelled it too. People complain about all sorts of things and some people, namely certain ex-ferry boat captains, actually go so far as to kill over them. So I'd rather stay under the radar, thank you.

And, just because he's the first Catalina ferry boat captain known to be murderous doesn't mean he's the last. My plural allows for breathing room, just in case.

Sheez....

Back
Top Bottom