My blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kapula

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been amazed how beautiful blue water images people have shared on this board. Thought it's time for my contribution on my blues :)

Diver
sunDiver.jpg

Another diver
sunDiver1.jpg

Yet another diver
sunDiver2.jpg

One more diver
sunDiver3.jpg

Pack of cudas
cudas.jpg

Another pack of cudas
cudas1.jpg

Yet another pack of cudas
cudas2.jpg

Batfishes
batfishes.jpg

Few batfishes more
batfishes1.jpg

Abyss
abyss.jpg

Enjoy :)

edit: uploaded pics to another server since I can't seem to understand linking to flickr :)

Very pretty, Kapula. Love the clear blue water, and you use it really well in your pictures. If Flickr has an IMG tag on the pictures, you can copy and paste it to your post, and the pictures will show on your post. Make sure you get the brackets.

The blues seem to work for these photos. Nice job.

What's the easiest way to balance out the blue in Photoshop if you can't manually adjust the white balance in your camera?

Very nice! I love "Yet another pack of cudas", "Few batfishes more" and "Abyss". I can't wait to start using my own camera underwater! :D

Thanks guys!
To Jcsgt: adjust saturation level on photoshop. That way you can dig that deep dlue that's hidden in your pics.

I think abyss is my favourite. There's some calmness at least to my eye. It's taken on a safety stop after messed up dive to 40 metres. We missed the rocks we were supposed to dive to and came up after seeing sand in 45 metres :) Had nothing better to do than shoot blues and wait...

Great pics,
I love "Few Batfishes more" and Abys.
Diving is so peacefull, Why oh Why do I have to work.
I must get in the water soon. Need to get my buoyancy and trim back under control before I think about taking the camera in with me.

to Victor:
I get to dive only few times a year when I'm abroad. If you only need to work and you have nice waters where you live consider yourself lucky :)

Yup I could dive these murky finnish waters but as there's nothing to see and I have only 5mm wetsuit that ain't an option. Coursedives in Finland were enough for me :)

edit: Whoops it seems that you're stuck inland aswell. At least you can travel in gb and dive in your home country.

Wonderful shots Kapula, I particularly like "Yet another diver", "another pack of cudas" and "few batfishes more".

The blues look wonderfully vibrant in the diver photos and I like what you're doing with the sun.
Question, do you have a link to the image used in your avatar there?

Big fan of Christmas tree worms...

Nice set of blues... I'm a fan of the blues too. :D

Jcsgt:
The blues seem to work for these photos. Nice job.

What's the easiest way to balance out the blue in Photoshop if you can't manually adjust the white balance in your camera?

If you shoot raw, the blues are best adjusted with the WB sliders in the converter.

If not, use levels to get rid of any casts first, then use color balance to adjust the blue using all 3 sliders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom