My first HD 1080/60p Underwater Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Watkins

Contributor
Reaction score
I just returned from vacation in the Bahamas with my new HD rig: This is my first time using anything other than a point and shoot camera in "video mode".

Footage is shot with a Panasonic HDC-TM90 shot in AVCHD2 1080p 60p fps with an Equinox HD6 Housing w/Red Filter, a Sola 1200 Dive Light, edited in Adobe Premiere Elements 10.

This first one is a reef dive west of Eleuthera, north of Spanish Wells and Russel Island. I think the shots get better as the video progresses:

[video=youtube;w17Bavu_5p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17Bavu_5p4[/video]

Try to bump the quality up to 1080p if you have the connection.

Enjoy...

Dan

---------- Post Merged at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:16 PM ----------

The second video is on a shallow wreck west of Eleuthera, south of Egg Island. The highlight of this video was finding an Endangered Hawksbill Sea Turtle.

The Arimoroa Freighter Shipwreck lies in approximately 25 feet of water. This 260 foot Lebanese freighter is also known as the Freighter Wreck, or the Egg Island Wreck. While en route from South America to Europe, this steel hulled vessel was run purposely aground in May of 1970. It is not known why, but a fire started in her galley, and spread with such speed and fury that her captain decided to save the crew by heading at full steam toward the nearest visible land, Egg Island, Bahamas, west of Eleuthera. At the time of this unfortunate accident, the Arimoroa was carrying a cargo of guano-based fertilizer. All of her crew made it to land without injury. The fire continued smoldering for almost three months.

[video=youtube;rf8BzTmpvTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8BzTmpvTk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice videos you have got some real nice colours there, is this all auto focus or are you doing it manually with this camera?

A little trick if you want to embed more then 1 video here you can use the advanced tab, use the youtube shortcut with just the video code "rf8BzTmpvTk" inside the brackets which will allow multiple embeds in one post.

I just tried the method you suggested, it put a YouTube embed in but the link did not function. It said the video was not available. Since I am now replying to Your post I'll use the video embed now...

I used Auto focus, The manual focus is on a touch screen which I cannot access

[video=youtube;rf8BzTmpvTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8BzTmpvTk[/video]

I got curious about the frame rate on youtube, so I grabbed the 1080p mp4 file off it and checked if it was 60 fps... it isn't, it's 29.97 fps only. Not sure if that makes a difference to you, JFYI.

DFX:
I got curious about the frame rate on youtube, so I grabbed the 1080p mp4 file off it and checked if it was 60 fps... it isn't, it's 29.97 fps only. Not sure if that makes a difference to you, JFYI.

I don't think there are any streaming video sites that output higher then 30p, this is a shame as to my eyes 60p looks so much smoother then 30p. If you upload a 60P video to vimeo and you have a pro account then others can download the "original" source file in whatever format you uploaded if you allow this.

The stream I am pretty sure is still limited to 30p in vimeo playback but at least the source file is available, on YouTube if you use a downloader program you are only grabbing the YouTube re-encoded version and not what was originally uploaded.

Regarding the Multiple embeds maybe you got the embed code wrong, and the youtube video embed box is smaller though but you can use one normal video embed and multiple smaller YT embeds in the same post.

Below I have put both your videos the only bit of code you need in between the brackets is the part I have made red here.

"youtube.com/watch?v=rf8BzTmpvTk&feature=player_embedded"

Back
Top Bottom