My LDS an authorized aqualung dealer has said things about the legend series that kind of breaks my trust with them. Is this information accurate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I did my own research and saw that the legend series no matter MBS or elite all share the same exact 1st stage. The only difference is the 2nd stage. My LPS after a pool dive yesterday advised not to look into the MBS, he says it doesn’t breath right. And that it doesn’t have heat sync like the elite and original does. He also said all first stages are different for the series. In an effort to not go back and forth with him I just agreed and wanted to come here for some thoughts.

Why would the LPS say these things when all the legend series have exactly the same 1st stage. And how can the MBs not breathe right and receive advisement to stay away from.

How would they not know this information that can be easily googled? He also advised to stay away from scuba.com saying the shops are owned by hisedic Jews that buy grey market boxes from Europe and distribute to America for cheaper prices. Says if I go for anything warranty related I won’t be assisted with if bought from scuba.com.

But when I go to aqualungs website it lists scuba.com in the midtown nyc area where I live as an authorized dealer. Which is where I went ti purchase. But the font for the authorized dealer is in green where other dealers are just plain black. Like this picture included. What does this mean?

Attachments

• IMG_5168.png
    IMG_5168.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 117
I did my own research and saw that the legend series no matter MBS or elite all share the same exact 1st stage. The only difference is the 2nd stage. My LPS after a pool dive yesterday advised not to look into the MBS, he says it doesn’t breath right. And that it doesn’t have heat sync like the elite and original does. He also said all first stages are different for the series. In an effort to not go back and forth with him I just agreed and wanted to come here for some thoughts.

Why would the LPS say these things when all the legend series have exactly the same 1st stage. And how can the MBs not breathe right and receive advisement to stay away from.

How would they not know this information that can be easily googled? He also advised to stay away from scuba.com saying the shops are owned by hisedic Jews that buy grey market boxes from Europe and distribute to America for cheaper prices. Says if I go for anything warranty related I won’t be assisted with if bought from scuba.com.

But when I go to aqualungs website it lists scuba.com in the midtown nyc area where I live as an authorized dealer. Which is where I went ti purchase. But the font for the authorized dealer is in green where other dealers are just plain black. Like this picture included. What does this mean?
This absolute crap!

Not sure about the issue with Aqualung regs but to accuse LeisurePro of such nefarious activity and then to bracket it with their religiosity is deplorable. It's worse than that but in my current enraged state I would defer to decorum for further expression. Burn the bigots to the ground.

Besides, the proper term is Hasidim.

It means they are a preferred vendor. Go to scuba.com and ask for Mary. Tell her Craig sent you.

Please do share the name of this antisemitic shop so they can get whats coming to them.

Do not go back there. Ever.

Well there is a nugget of truth, but I don't think Scuba.com does it. But Adorama, who owns Scuba.com, and their competitor B&H do that for the camera market. They sell grey market NIB camera gear but it is clearly marked as such.

Even it is that is true scuba doesn't have that type of strict warranty controls that the camera industry does. Lots of people buy from EU vendors at a discount with no issues.

No idea how being Jewish has anything to do with it though.

He also advised to stay away from scuba.com saying the shops are owned by hisedic Jews that buy grey market boxes from Europe and distribute to America for cheaper prices. Says if I go for anything warranty related I won’t be assisted with if bought from scuba.com.

That is complete and utter BS. Antisemitism pure and simple. I've done business with Leisurepro/Scuba.com for years. They are a fantastic company. Nothing is "grey market". They are fully authorized for everything they sell.

With regard to Aqua Lung specifically, Leisure Pro/Scuba.com is a fully authorized dealer. I bought an AL Mikron from them. Fully authorized and in warranty.

As to the Legend, I can't speak to the MBS. I do own 3 Legends ... 2 older Legend LXs and 1 new Legend Elite. They are my go-to regs and have been for 18 years. They've never let me down including plenty of diving deep (max to 180ish feet) and cold (many, many dives in 40-degree water).

This absolute crap!

Not sure about the issue with Aqualung regs but to accuse LeisurePro of such nefarious activity and then to bracket it with their religiosity is deplorable. It's worse than that but in my current enraged state I would defer to decorum for further expression. Burn the bigots to the ground.

Besides, the proper term is Hasidim.

It means they are a preferred vendor. Go to scuba.com and ask for Mary. Tell her Craig sent you.
Got it, so authorized and preferred as well. That would seem like a better option. I’ll just switch to them. I put the order in for the mbs with marry a couple weeks ago actually. She gave me a discount through a loophole since aqualung doesn’t offer discounts. I didn’t let this LDS know because they were saying things to make me buy everything from them vs anyone else. Stuff like this.

Got it, so authorized and preferred as well. That would seem like a better option. I’ll just switch to them. I put the order in for the mbs with marry a couple weeks ago actually. She gave me a discount through a loophole since aqualung doesn’t offer discounts. I didn’t let this LDS know because they were saying things to make me buy everything from them vs anyone else. Stuff like this.
Yeah. Definitely stay away from that LDS. They've made it pretty clear that they should not be in business. Anti-semitic comments aside, I just wouldn't trust them based on their comments about the regulator. To say a certain second stage doesn't breathe right is hard to believe. You'd be hard pressed to find any balanced 2nd stage that doesn't breathe right, assuming it is adjusted correctly.

Leisure Pro is now Scuba.com. A long time ago, there was some truth to Leisure Pro dealing with some gray market product. It's not like it was used, or counterfeit, they just weren't an authorized retailer at the time. They were up-front about that, though. The issue was really that the manufacturer's warranty may not be honored if not purchased through an authorized retailer. In those cases, Leisure Pro offered their own warranty to make sure the consumer had some protection. As I said, though, that was a long time ago. Pretty sure they are an authorized retailer for most (if not all) of the brands currently sold on Scuba.com.

Back
Top Bottom