My Little Pony!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
I think your question has been answered, you remove the valve.

I'd like to apologise for Typing While Distracted. I can't believe I wrote:

"pressurize dgas cylinder when there's a bog hole"

and now it's too late to fix. the "edit" button is gone 8-(

Terry

RonFrank:
If anyone is interested, ScubaToys has the MK-2 first stages, new with warranty for $50. A heck of a good price on a first stage for stage bottles, and well, my little Pony!
Is that MK2 as in the one that came right after the MK1, or is SP somehow recycling model numbers?

Terry

Web Monkey:
Is that MK2 as in the one that came right after the MK1, or is SP somehow recycling model numbers?

Terry

I believe it's an updated version of an old style. It's the embodiment of simplicity. Non-balanced, piston reg. Simple, rugged, reliable. I'd buy some if I hadn't already bought AL Calypso's for my pony / backup regs.

Just keep in mind that $50 is for the first stage only. Still need a secondary.

Get yourself a "my little pony" Catherine. You'll be glad you did. They become invisible to you underwater.

Plus, when my reg started to free-flow slightly at the BH, I just swapped out the secondaries, and had a great dive.

Comrade Stroke - FD

I've got an original MK1 from eBay that works like a dream.

Terry

fire_diver:
I believe it's an updated version of an old style. It's the embodiment of simplicity. Non-balanced, piston reg. Simple, rugged, reliable. I'd buy some if I hadn't already bought AL Calypso's for my pony / backup regs.

Just keep in mind that $50 is for the first stage only. Still need a secondary.

Get yourself a "my little pony" Catherine. You'll be glad you did. They become invisible to you underwater.

Plus, when my reg started to free-flow slightly at the BH, I just swapped out the secondaries, and had a great dive.

Comrade Stroke - FD

Hope you all don't mind if I weigh in:

I dive with a 30cf pony, it takes about 4lbs. to offset. I mount it on the right side of my main with the valve up. The lp hose is running under my arm and then back up to my right shoulder D ring where the reg is clipped off. I changed to a lp hose that was 4" longer than a "standard" set-up. Position the first stage of the pony so the lp hose is going down, this keeps it all nice and stramlined. You don't have to worry about snagging anything with it.
I have a Quick release bracket (scubatoys) that holds it well. If a buddy needs the tank for some reason, he can pull one pin and take it.
When I want to have it on a trip, I drop the tank pressure to less than 500 psi and send it UPS Ground, to my destination. It costs less than $20.00 to ship, even being insured. When my trip is done, I send it back to myself.

That's just me. Hope it helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom