My OMS Pressure Gauges gives a faulty reading, very dangerous....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like others, I am surprised that you acknowledged there was a problem and happily decided to keep diving on dysfunctional equipment. This kind of attitude has killed many a diver. Please be more vigilant in the future.
As for the equipment: did you service it yearly as per the manufacturer recommendation?

No More in the future Cedric... I do not want to risk myself.... The problem of this OMS gauge is not consistent... and most of the time it works well... Lucky when I dive I always check the gauge from time to time especially for dive more than 18 meter with the challenging condition, so I had realized the problem. Although I service my gear regularly and consulted with the service centre, they didn't found any problem. Because the problem of this OMS gauge only persist during the dive, when we assemble it to the tank and check the pressure it always show the correct pressure, but during the dive the needle might stuck and show the faulty reading. Anyway appreciate your kind advise and I will not use this stupid OMS gauge again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom